Where is the longest outdoor metal slide in Columbus/Central Ohio?

When I was a child, my mother told me my grandfather helped to build a park- she always called it "Y-Park", but I don't think that was the proper name. I recall it had several sand-pit volley ball courts, some kind of wooden cabin-building, and this 30'-50' metal (old-school style) slide built into the side of a hill. The slide had several bumps, and there were warning signs in the "off season". The slide led down to a large clearing that was surrounded by trees. I'm looking to recapture that part of my past, and would appreciate any input.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it is the Hoover Y-Park in Columbus, Ohio! It is at 1570 Rohr Road, Lockbourne, OH 43137 (614) 491-0980.

Directions to Hoover Y Park: From I-270, take Exit #49 (Alum Creek Dr.) and head south. At Rohr Road, turn right (west) and the part entrance is off of Rohr Road.

CC

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

There are far better and more efficient ways of hiding your stash rather than burying it underground. To bury a firearm for long term storage underground is a long process to ensure that when you dig it up you didnt waste your time in the first place. I dont plan on letting anyone get their hands on my guns whether I bury it underground or whether its in my own home. Either way no one is getting it unless they pry it out of my cold dead hands. I prefer to keep my gear ready. When the **** hits the fan then its already too late to go looking for that shovel...

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Hoover Y Park

• ospmesteve4 months agoReport

I believe the slide is no longer there.

• 6 years ago

I went down that slide a few times when I went there in the 60's. It was dangerous. We brought "wax paper" to slide down on, otherwise you'd get stuck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • alix
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I was on YA for something unrelated, then this question was shown on the sidebar...

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I was interested in the answer too

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Need more info to answer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.