Where is the longest outdoor metal slide in Columbus/Central Ohio?

When I was a child, my mother told me my grandfather helped to build a park- she always called it "Y-Park", but I don't think that was the proper name. I recall it had several sand-pit volley ball courts, some kind of wooden cabin-building, and this 30'-50' metal (old-school style) slide built into the side of a hill. The slide had several bumps, and there were warning signs in the "off season". The slide led down to a large clearing that was surrounded by trees. I'm looking to recapture that part of my past, and would appreciate any input.

Favorite Answer

I think it is the Hoover Y-Park in Columbus, Ohio! It is at 1570 Rohr Road, Lockbourne, OH 43137 (614) 491-0980.

Directions to Hoover Y Park: From I-270, take Exit #49 (Alum Creek Dr.) and head south. At Rohr Road, turn right (west) and the part entrance is off of Rohr Road.

CC

There are far better and more efficient ways of hiding your stash rather than burying it underground. To bury a firearm for long term storage underground is a long process to ensure that when you dig it up you didnt waste your time in the first place. I dont plan on letting anyone get their hands on my guns whether I bury it underground or whether its in my own home. Either way no one is getting it unless they pry it out of my cold dead hands. I prefer to keep my gear ready. When the **** hits the fan then its already too late to go looking for that shovel...

Hoover Y Park

• ospmesteve4 months agoReport

I believe the slide is no longer there.

I went down that slide a few times when I went there in the 60's. It was dangerous. We brought "wax paper" to slide down on, otherwise you'd get stuck!

• alix

I was on YA for something unrelated, then this question was shown on the sidebar...

I was interested in the answer too

Need more info to answer