Can you plant palm trees in southeast missouri?

Favorite Answer

yup but theyll freeze this winter.

i live in howell co MO and i knew a chick who had a palm tree.....she moved it indoors in the winter and out in the summer

possum

• Shar

Well I suppose you could try but don't think it would work as you probably don't have enough length of warm weather there. But there are so many different types of palms. Try a Sego palm. They are slow growing but are beautiful when full grown. Will keep watch on this question. I live in southeast Louisiana and we have some beautiful palms down here.

There are many plants that need a certain amount of very distinctive soil composition and a proper PH. And, of course proper sunlight.

It is always cheaper and more environmentally sound to plant only those items that are indigenous to your area. Otherwise you will need to continually buy the needed ingredients and additives for the soil and that could run into money.

For your best result of what can be planted in your area, it is best to take a small pail of dirt down to your local nursery and have the nursery analyze the soil and determine what plants would be suitable for you to grow.

No! of course not! They are tropical. They will die in cold weather. You can keep them as houseplants if they are a small variety.

Source(s): Im from FL and I know better. I do my research.

You could but I'm almost positive they would die.