yaya19 asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

i have been taking paxil for two days.I didn't drink my pill today if i drink will it effect me?

Im invited to a fun party and i want to know if i can drink since i have taken paxil the last two days?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't stop taking your pills, even if you drink.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

if you are on anti-depressants this will not effect you, beside the normal effect you get from alcohol.. It is the barbiturate's and downers that you need to not mix.. You should take your paxil today, it will take about 2 weeks for you to recieve any results from your paxil..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't quit the paxil. Alcohol will increase the side effects of paxil. You'll get intoxicated easier, tired quicker,can increase dizziness ect..

• 1 decade ago

There is a warning on the anti-depressant bottle that you should not drink and take the pills. They will counteract each other. Just go to the party and have fun, just don't drink!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you have only been on it for a short time, but it is still in you system. you should never drink on any prescription meds at all!!! i've made the mistake too many times, thinking i can be a hotshot and know it all, and it affected me in ways that i totally don't even remember!!!

it was like having a date rape drug put in your drink!! you do the most stupid things, that you would not normally do!!

i'm 40 yrs. old and just learned my lesson, please don't do it for your saftey sake!! good luck!!

Source(s): personal history
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

If you've been suffering from premature ejaculation regularly I'd suggest you visit http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=565

They teach a very good natural method to solve your problems with ejaulation for good. Absolutely everything you need to know about premature ejaculation, ejaculation control, lasting longer and re-training the ejaculatory reflex is covered there.

Bye Bye

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Premature ejaculation is caused by specific things that you do before and during sex. Most of the time without even realizing it. Read here https://tr.im/4OMod

Premature ejaculation is not some gene you're born with, the result of your penis size or a part of your personality that you can never change.

• 1 decade ago

How do you drink your pill?

• 1 decade ago

I DON'T KNOW.... MYBE THIS'LL HELP.

paroxetine hydrochloride

(pah rox' a teen)

Paxil, Paxil CR

Pregnancy Category C

Drug class

Antidepressant

Therapeutic actions

Potentiates serotonergic activity in the CNS, resulting in antidepressant effect.

Indications

· Treatment of major depressive disorder

· Treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorders

· Treatment of panic disorders

· Treatment of social anxiety disorder (social phobia)

· Treatment of generalized anxiety disorder

· Treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder

· Treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)

· Unlabeled uses: Treatment of diabetic neuropathy, headaches, premature ejaculation

Contraindications and cautions

· Contraindicated with MAOI use.

· Use cautiously in the elderly, with renal or hepatic impairment, pregnancy, lactation, suicidal patients.

Available forms

Tablets—10, 20, 30, 40 mg; CR tablets, 12.5, 25, 37.5 mg; suspension—10 mg/5 mL

Dosages

ADULTS

· Depression: 20 mg/day PO as a single daily dose. Range: 20–50 mg/day. Or 25–62.5 mg/day CR tablet.

· Obsessive-compulsive disorder: 20 mg/day PO as a single dose, may increase in 10-mg/day increments; do not exceed 60 mg/day.

· Panic disorder: 10 mg/day, increase in increments of 10 mg/wk; usual range: 10–60 mg/day. Or 12.5–75 mg/day CR tablet; do not exceed 75 mg/day.

· Social anxiety disorder: 20 mg/day PO as a single dose in the morning. May increase up to 60 mg/day or 37.5 mg/day CR form.

· Generalized anxiety disorder: 20 mg/day PO as a single daily dose. Range: 20–50 mg/day.

· PMDD: 12.5 mg/day PO as a single dose in the morning. Range, 12.5–25 mg/day.

· Posttraumatic stress disorder: 20 mg/day as a single dose. Range: 20–50 mg/day PO.

· Switching to or from an MAOI: At least 14 days should elapse between discontinuation of MAOI and initiation of paroxetine therapy; similarly, allow 14 days between discontinuing paroxetine and beginning MAOI.

PEDIATRIC PATIENTS

Safety and efficacy not established.

GERIATRIC PATIENTS OR PATIENTS WITH RENAL OR HEPATIC IMPAIRMENT

10 mg/day PO; do not exceed 40 mg/day. Or, 12.5 mg/day PO of CR tablets; do not exceed 50 mg/day.

Pharmacokinetics

Route

Onset

Oral

Slow

Metabolism: Hepatic; T1/2: 24 hr

Distribution: Crosses placenta; enters breast milk

Excretion: Urine

Adverse effects

· CNS: Somnolence, dizziness, insomnia, tremor, nervousness, headache, anxiety, paresthesia, blurred vision

· CV: Palpitations, vasodilation, orthostatic hypotension, hypertension

· Dermatologic: Sweating, rash, redness

· GI: Nausea, dry mouth, constipation, diarrhea, anorexia, flatulence, vomiting

· GU: Ejaculatory disorders, male genital disorders, urinary frequency

· Respiratory: Yawns, pharyngitis, cough

· Other: Headache, asthenia

Interactions

Drug-drug

· Increased paroxetine levels and toxicity with cimetidine, MAOIs

· Decreased therapeutic effects of phenytoin, digoxin

· Decreased effectiveness of paroxetine with phenobarbital, phenytoin

· Increased serum levels and possible toxicity of procyclidine, tryptophane, warfarin

· Risk of serotonin syndrome (hypertension, hyperthermia, mental status changes) if used with SSRIs

Drug-alternative therapy

· Increased sedative-hypnotic effects with St. John's wort

Nursing considerations

Assessment

· History: Hypersensitivity to paroxetine, lactation, renal or hepatic impairment, seizure disorder; pregnancy, lactation

· Physical: Orientation, reflexes; P, BP, perfusion; R, adventitious sounds; bowel sounds, normal output; urinary output; liver evaluation; liver and renal function tests

Interventions

· Administer once a day in the morning.

· Shake suspension well before using.

· Ensure that patient swallows CR tablets whole; do not cut, crush, or chew them.

· Limit amount of drug given to potentially suicidal patients.

· Abruptly discontinuing drug may result in discontinuation symptoms (agitation, palpitations); consider tapering.

· Advise patient to avoid using if pregnant or lactating.

Teaching points

· Take this drug exactly as directed and as long as directed. Shake suspension well before using. Swallow CR tablets whole; do not cut, crush, or chew them.

· Abruptly stopping the drug without tapering the dose may cause symptoms including agitation and palpitations.

· This drug should not be taken during pregnancy or when nursing a baby; using barrier contraceptives is advised.

· These side effects may occur: Drowsiness, dizziness, tremor (use caution and avoid driving or performing other tasks that require alertness); GI upset (eat frequent small meals, use frequent mouth care); alterations in sexual function.

· Report severe nausea, vomiting; palpitations; blurred vision; excessive sweating.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.