Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How much exercise is required for an adolescent?

I need the source from which you got your answer, please! (web address, book, ect...)

Update:

dude, I'm already on 3 different sports teams. I'm doing an essay and I need to know how much exercise an average adolescent needs in a day, or a week or whatever!

Update 2:

I'm not looking to stay fit, I'm already quite skinny.

Update 3:

I'm already on the soccer team, track team, and fencing team. turst me, I'm very fit. I need to know the information for an essay.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on what your goal is.

If you are looking to just stay healthy, 100% effort in gym class every day should be fine (and if no gym that day, just a 20-30 min. workout - like a jog or playing a recreational sport such as tennis).

If you want to get in really good shape, joining a team is a good idea. Something like soccer, basketball or football would be great.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I would just include them in sports, on teams. That way they will grow up liking a fit and healthy lifestyle.

Source(s): Just myself and my experiences
  • 1 decade ago

im an adolecent and i get 60 mins vigorous (soccer) and then walking around every day 7 days a week. exercise is so important and the more you do the better.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

depends on your lifestyle. If you are active and eat healthily, you need less. If you are fat and lazy, you need to do more. simple.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.