Using the standard normal curve, what is the closest z-score for the given conditions:?
1) 74.9% of the total area is to the left of z
2) 25.1% of the total area to the right of z
- James LLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
- PatsyBeeLv 41 decade ago
Change your percents to decimals. If you're using the z table you want to find the four-digit decimal that's closest, and then find the corresponding z score.
1) .7486 is closest to .7490. The z score is 0.67
2) Since this goes to the right, first subtract your decimal from 1 because the table is set up for areas to the left of z.
1 - .2510 = .7490 Your answer will be the same as the first.