Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 1 decade ago

Suicidal Poem?

I read this poem called "gloomy sunday" and since I read it I feel really depressed, it was originally a hungarian song but I read the english version. They say there were 13 suicides because of that song and it was banned in hungary. It talks about " man are sinners there is no reason to live" and stuff like that. told my parents about but I still don't know what to do! I regret reading that crappy poem.

Favorite Answer

If you've never felt depressed before reading the poem then I think you'll be fine. Try thinking of the poeple you've touched and how their lies would be different if you weren't here. you know like the way movies do... for example if I weren't here who would be a good role model for my younger brother? things like that. I also have a stack of nice cards I've gotten from friends and family and when I'm blue, just reading them cheers me up :) for you to even ask this question in my opinion means you have a lot to live for and telling your parents, to me, seems like you're not really serious about doing anything you'll regret. if you were like the other 13 people, I doubt you'd tell anyone. I also listen to "one more day" because whenever I feel blue I think of everything I haven't accomplished yet and how bad I really want to and it makes me think how much I really have and one day I won't.

So I hope you don't stayed depressed for long and I'm glad your here on answers :)

• GiGi

Try to find out information on the author of the poem. Surf the Internet and find out exactly

1) Who wrote it 2) when it was written 3) What became of the author 4) Is the author still alive and well?

This may help you see that words are just ideas and thought that flow onto paper. Poems are not instructions or truths. It is a form of expression. I have written poems and a month later I will read them and think...wow, I really don't feel or think this way anymore. Chin up kid!

Honey, if this poem is getting to you and you can't get it out of your head, talk to your parents again! I don't know why you can't get it out of your head, but depression is nothing to mess with. Maybe you need to talk to a professional, I don't know, but you at least need to let your parents know how you feel!!! If they won't listen talk to a teacher you really feel you connect with, or a school counselor, or your pastor, or the parents of a friend that you feel close to, or a coach, or call the national suicide hotline at 1-800-784-2433 or 1-800-273-8255. God bless!

This might sound silly, but turn on your faorite song and dance.

It will give you a break from thinking about the poem and the dancing will help break the depression.

I haven't heard about it, but if you weren't suicidal to beging with, why let someone's writing get to you? Forget about it and go outside for a while.

duuuuuuuuuudddddddddeeeeee