I'm looking for a 180 degree thermostat for my 2006 GMC Sierra with the 4.8 litre engine. Any ideas?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ask for a ninety degree thermostat. They're listed in celsius degrees now.

Go to AutoZone, or visit the GmPartsdirect website

Source(s): www.gmpartsdirect.com
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Good luck to you. Any ideas about what? Unless the engine is overheating because of a stuck thermostat there is no reason to change it. If it didn't come with a 180 degree thermostat it will screw up your engine electronics, because everything is set to run at whatever temp the thermostat is. Any GM dealer and 100% of auto parts stores and maybe even Wal-Mart have thermostats.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

DON'T DO IT! It's manufactured to run with a 192,(or 195, escapes me at the minute), themostat! All the sensor's are set to this temp, AND the engine will develop carbon over time, leading to expensive breakdown/s. If your Sierra is overheating, find out what the problem is! Are you pulling a trailer, or overloading the truck? Did somebody put some type of coolant 'fix' in your radiator,(thereby clogging the rad. cooling tubes or areas inside the water passages). I know a cupla' people who swear that putting an egg in their radiator stops their leaks! Oh yeah, it works........until they run into overheating problems!

Source(s): Corvette restorer, custom builder, civilian mechanic for military vehicles
  • 1 decade ago

any automotive dealer or places like napa or advance auto will have what you need

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

have you tried junk yards and find one thats wrecked

• 1 decade ago

NAPA AUTO PARTS

• 1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.