I suffer severe muscle spasms from fibromyalgia. What type of treatment will medicare pay for this ailment?

• Favorite Answer

Hi Jean Marie, not sure what to suggest for muscle spasms, but I take a homeopathic herb called Arnica for my fibromyalgia pain. The links below might be helpful for you. I also take 800 mg. of Aleve and a 1000-mg. flaxseed oil capsule every night at bedtime for pain management. Mix and match remedies to see what works.

Hello

The best treatment I have found for the muscle spasms associated with fibro is a muscle relaxer called Zanaflex, trigger point injections with lidocaine and a steriod, combined with moist heat. Medicare pays for the medicationa and the injections. Good luck

• ~~

I also live with Fibromayalgia and chronic pain from a car accident. So far, my insurance has paid for everything, but I dont go in telling them thats what I have. I live with yeast over growth which has caused alot of my problems. I just tell them what is hurting me the most and try to get it treated.

If I were you, I would just call your insurance and ask them what theyll cover.

I am on Medicare and if i were you i would just go to the dr. and tell him about your aches and pains and he will most likely give you some pain meds, muscle relaxers, sleep aids, etc. My sister has Fibro and that is what she has to take and she also takes HOT showers and trys to stay warm........i have the opposite.....joint pain....severe degenerative arthritis, scoliosis, etc. I don't know which one hurts worse?????????? GOOD LUCK

Awell to me to you drink a beer. if you don't drink go to the Dollar store get some Absorbent Jr. or Icy Hott and apply to the area..

i have fibro the best thing for me is amitryptaline. i can not make it without it. a very warm ( not hot) bath with elsomsalt also works wonders