how do i fix my old nintendo cartridges?

i have an old nintendo system from the 80's that won't play or will keep restarting on its own. sometimes i just get a really distorted picture. blowing on the cartridges doesn't work at all. what should i do

and no i will not throw away the old systems and buy some wee -wee or something

i also already have an xbox 360 and ps2. i play the old nintendo to make myself feel older and more mature.

more mature my azz

Favorite Answer

http://www.nintendorepairshop.com/nes_repairguide....

This is pretty reliable site...they have tips, or you can actually send for your console to be fixed

Toss it out the window and get a new system.I have an old super nintendo that is'nt used, it just sits in my closet.Get a new system!Like an Xbox, or PS2.

the Nintendo system is on it last leg. sometimes if you can open up the system and clean it out you will see large amount of dirt in it if you clean it you have a chance to make it work.

• ReeRee

Well, what I used to do was take a q-tip, wet it just a little bit, and gently clean the connector (the game board in the cart), then use another to clean the system. Make sure they are both dry before you try to use them.

Source(s): Good for you for not throwing it out - I still have my original (and I mean from way back in the day,) Pong, Atari 2600, 5200, Colecovision, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and CD, PS1 and PS2. It's a riot to play the old games. And you're right about the Nintendo Wii - it's not worth giving up the old systems for. Wait for a PS3 - better games, all sorts of extras. But don't toss the old skool system.

well, just do one thing . throw the system away and buy a new updated one

try www.onsaletag.com they have lots of retro nintendo stuff listed.

Source(s): used1goods@yahoo.com

I know you don't want to consider throwing it away, but have you considered emulators?? :D

Source(s): http://www.ROMnation.net/ Theres numerous console emulators, plus there's a huge selection of ROMs (Game Files)