Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 1 decade ago

Did you hate piano lessons as a child?

IF yes, why?

Favorite Answer

No, I never had piano lessons. Always wanted them, but they were a bit out of our price range.

No, I love my piano lessons, though I'm still somewhat of a child (14) . I have been playing for 9 years. I can understand why some kids don't like music lessons though. I guess its mostly the 2 hour daily practice sessions or sometimes children are afraid of competitions or preformances.

Source(s): love my music, hoping to major in piano and vocal studies

Honestly, I don't think that 3 years old is too young. If you daughter really wants to play piano, you can higher a teacher, and do basics. Like 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' that is a VERY basic song that a 3 year old can play. I have a friend, and her little sister is now 7, but she started taking piano lessons VERY young, and she is almost as good as I am! If this is something that you daughter REALLY wants to do, I say go for it! You are never too young to learn, and it will also be fun for her!

I never took piano lessons as a child, but I wish i did...

Hate is perhaps too strong of a word, but I certainly didn't enjoy them.

It wasn't my choice to take piano lessons, and being forced to practice didn't help matters.

Later in life I chose to take voice and guitar lessons, and I enjoyed those.

• Norah

I taught myself piano at the age of 9. I never wanted lessons, I refused. I did not hardly play by notes, I play by ear. That is how I play flute as well. I have not had any flute lessons, but I am a concert winner. I have come to be very good at piano and can play many concert pieces. I love playing the piano. It makes me feel happy. I am glad I did not have lessons.

I liked the lessons but hated to practice. I quit after 10 years. Wish I had kept with it.

I wanted piano lessons as a child.I still want them.I got alot of time to learn though.

No. I never had piano lessons. My mother always wanted me to play the kazoo. I've been vibrating ever since!

I hated them. I never learned how to play. I was a really hypher kid. My parents should have had me in something like swimming, soccer or running. I couldn't sit down long enough to practice.