Why does yahoo block you from your email?
I try to sign into my yahoo account and it tells me I have invalid ID and password why?
- Sandra♥Lv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
I have heard of a lot of ppl lately having that problem....Someone has gotten into you account and changed your password...I`m not sure what you can do about either..
- b1te_meusLv 41 decade ago
Why doesn't my password work?
There are several reasons why you may be getting an "Invalid Password" error message:
* Set your CAPS LOCK key correctly. Passwords are case sensitive (meaning that "PASSWORD," "PaSsWoRd," and "password" are not equivalent), so be sure to keep this in mind when entering your password.
* Wait up to 24 hours. If you recently requested a new password or changed your password, this will allow your account to update.
* Sign in with the correct Yahoo! ID. Make sure that you are using the correct Yahoo! ID when signing in to your account. If you have forgotten your Yahoo! ID, you can search for your ID online.
* Delete your cookie files. A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your browser that helps identify you. If your cookie is not being accepted correctly, you will be logged out of your account as soon as you move to a different page. This may be blocking your current ability to log in or stay logged in.
To delete your cookies, close all browser windows, find the "cookies" directory, and delete the cookie files inside. As always, make sure that you have selected the proper files before deleting.
* Clear your browser's cache. At times it's necessary to clear your browser's cache. The cache is the memory your browser uses to store content of the web pages that you visit. Storing that content lets your browser load those same pages more quickly the next time you visit them.
If you're still having problems, please request a new password. Once you receive your new password, you can change it.
For more information regarding Yahoo! IDs and passwords, please read this help section.
For more information on passwords, please visit our Sign-in and Registration Help.
However, if you haven't accessed your account within the past 4 months the reason you are getting that message is because your account was deleted.
When are dormant accounts removed?
If an account has not been logged into for over four months, it will become "dormant."
Dormant accounts are de-activated at the end of four months. Once an account is deactivated, you will no longer have access regardless of whether or not email has been received in the account during that time.
Once an account has been de-activated, we cannot retrieve any of the information that was formerly stored in it.
Please Note: Subscribing to any of the Yahoo! Mail Premium Services will prevent your account from going dormant due to inactivity. To learn more about the individual services and sign up, please visit:
Yahoo! Mail Plus
Yahoo! Mail Personal Address
By subscribing to one of the Yahoo! Mail Premium Services, you will no longer need to sign in periodically to keep your account active.Source(s): http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/access/access-2... http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/access/access-0...
- 1 decade ago
check for caps lock and num lock (if you have munbers in your id or password) sometimes it will do that
- 1 decade ago
i have no clue.