Why do I only want to have sex when I'm drinking alcohol and never anytime else with anyone?

I only want to have sex when I drink alcohol and I never want to have sex, or even think about it, anytime else. Any thoughts on this or suggestions?

• Murph
    Favorite Answer

Alcohol tends to weaken social inhibitions. I couldn't say for sure, but I'd bet that you have some deeply ingrained inhibitions, and you have trouble getting around them while sober.

It could also be that you just have not found anyone that you are comfortable with, and the alcohol helps you to accept what is available.

I don't want to sound flippant, but if this is something that you want to resolve, counseling might be an option.

Sounds like you have a lot of emotional baggage and a big agenda/chip on your shoulders. By drinking you quell those distractions.