Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

help! my boyfriend is really cheap?

I love my bf w/ all my heart and we have a long distance relationship, I travel a lot to see him or vice versa but i usually pay most of the stuff, he never buys me anything,for my birthday he only gave me like a 10 dollars necklace, and he does have money cuz he's talking about buying the 80g ipod which is like 400 dollars. Im going in november to see him and currently im not working b/c im doin nonpaid internship and sometimes when i have time i work for promotions in events par time in the weeknd but he is working fulltime and he wants to pay half and half everything, for me is no problem, i can charge it in my credit card and pay it little by little but I feel like she should be more understanding and pay the airline ticket and then i can pay food and stuff over there. I've had boyfriends that pay almost everything, im not a gold digger cuz i usually offer to pay my half but still, Im the woman, I want to be paid sometimes and feel like a queen. He never does anything nice for me

• xxx
    Favorite Answer

Yea...he sounds cheap.

• Nothing is worse than a cheap man. And I don't think there is nothing wrong with spoiling "each other". But the give and take gotta be close to equal. And why would you settle for less? Don't cheat yourself, treat yourself if he ain't! When you talk about it''s the thought that counts, he really ain't thinkin about you if he gives you a necklace that turns colors, and splurges on an ipod. He's a user honey... Leave him alone. And a man spending money on you doesn't make you a gold digger. Gold diggers rely on men taking care of them and they don't spend a dime on them. This isn't a good look. Poof! Be gone with him if you are smart honey.

Sunny answered your question. No one is in "love" with a long distance relationship person. What is it about this "relationship" that you don't get? He's a user and he's got a doormat who likes to be stepped on. He's not the problem you are. Sorry

I had one of those. He was so cheap and irresponsible financially that I had to pay all the bills for him and his fat kids! I loved him, but he was pathetic. I moved out and moved on to a real man who I can respect. And guess what? My ex's house is being foreclosed as he hasn't changed!!!

• ronnny

He is this way and has this as a habit now it will be hard to break. Talk to him and if he does not come to an understanding then maybe you need to go find someone that will make you feel happier.

why do u love him so much then? i dont think this is about money.. do u feel neglected? probably that's the issue here.. go out with him on a date, eat, and then tell him that u left ur purse at home.. let him make a fuss.. if it's about money.. then it's not worth to be with him coz' ... i'll let u to fill that in...

You are acting like a doormat and he is catching on to that. It's probably too late for this guy, unless you want to start being assertive and let him know what you want.

<< i'm a guy and i think he is VERY cheap ... $10 necklace for you and $400 ipod for himself? thats not being cheap, thats being selfish and that goes to the bone and will not change. if you love this egocentric cheapskate, be prepared for a lifetime of it ... he will not change and you will not change him.

doesn t seams that u 2 have a strong relationship .catch him with a big mistake see if he s RELAY sorry if not dump his sorry as

you should dumb his *** he is not worth it find your self a good man that will threat you right