Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Jello in my hair?

Some idiot dumped Jello in my hair last night. It was still warm when they did it and when I woke up this morning, I found that it had set and it is really stuck. Maybe I should have rinsed it out before it set up. But how can I get it out without ripping my hair out by the roots? It's Lemon-Lime flavored if that helps.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Wash your hair the warm water will melt the jello.

Yes you should have rinsed it out before it had the chance to cool and set.Just keep getting your hair wet with warm water until it weakens the jello.

If you warm set Jello up, it melts, so just pop your head in the microwave for a minute or so....oh wait, that won't work!

Hot/warm water will get it right out. That must have been some party!

Wash it out with warm water. Then, open a new jar of peanut butter and use the oil on the top to coax it out. Wash the peanut butter oil out of your hair with shampoo, use conditioner. I'm sorry, your hair might still smell of Jello, though.

Source(s): silly putty in my hair

A REALLY warm shower should make the Jello de-solidify. Work you fingers through your hair to get it out as it comes loose.

Source(s): participating in synchronized swimming competition--KNOX (clear, non-flavored jello) is used to hold your hair in place and it's a pain in the butt to get out
  • IMHO

Someone dumped warm liquid jello in your hair last night & you didn't wash it out?

Perhaps now is the time.

Before specialty jells were so common Jello was how women kept the style/curl in their hair.........even though too much made it flaky and appeared as dandruff. Wash your hair with very warm water and shampoo.

Lemon-Lime? Get some whipped cream and chow down! Haha... kidding.

Just wash it with warm water for awhile... then have yourself a nice, spiffy bowl of the stuff. Sounds good.

put peanut butter in your hair. let it sit for about five minutes than take a hot shower and wash your hair until the jello is completly gone.

good luck!

• ?

try rinsing it with hot water, not too hot hough, but not warm either. use a clarifying shampoo to try to get it out. but do not try to rip out your hair. try calling your stylist for help or call the jello company and tell them your problem and by casualty ask them if they know how to get it out. also try some olive cooking oil to try to get it out. if it helps getting gum out , im sure it'll get the jello out. but your hair will get greasy for the next few days unless you use a very drying shampo like g2b squeaky clean. but suave wont get it out. sorry.