Why do certain people become extremely popular in college?

Is there like a formula to it. Coz all the popular people I have seen in school, high school, college are somewhat similar in their attitude. And c'mon doesn't everyone wanna get popular?

Favorite Answer

For me I know personally I matured more as an individual, in college many people realize that ur true essence will shine thru and there is no need to conform to stereotypical high school cliques because in college its not the cliques that separate people its' there ambition and determination. My friends all met our freshmen year and we all graduated as a group(popular) because we were all individuals unique, who gather based on common ambitions and goals in life. U is what should be important to u, and when u think positively of urself and life u draw those people towards u and as a whole u represent what is important in life as far as achievements cus once u graduate no one will care or remember the incrowd unless they are either of two things, still ambitious and successful in life or still the party hard bums who never got there act together. Find ur self find ur balance and u find the importance of popularity for life.

Source(s): experience

It can be either because they mature in appearance or become more social...