What would you do if your partner smashed a cup on the floor in the heat of a dispute..?

You have never seeing him behaviour like an animal, the area in question is severely damaged.

Should that individual :

A) Try to find out what is actually wrong with him

B) Think about a escape route

C) Report the icident

Favorite Answer

Leave, it will only get worse.

He has never done this before? How long have you been together. If you have been with him for a long period of time and this is the very first time he has showed his temper, there could be underlying reasons that are more complicated than his action. He may always suppressed his temper and now you are finally seeing it. This could easily get out of control especially if you put up with it. Always leave a violent situation if you are will not be harmed in doing so. If he unreasonable and will not let you leave, then you need to find help. You are probably in a situation that is beyond your ability to control. If in doubt go to relatives and if later you feel it is important to find out why he reacted the way he did then he should go to anger management before you two can get back together.

I would step back and let things cool off, then try to find out what is wrong.... when someone gets that angry to keep on asking what is wrong will only escalate the matter... but once violent behavior is exhibit it is easier for it to happen again .... make sure you have a back up plan in place at all times... good luck

I think you should talk to him first, Find out what really caused this outburst(if you don't already know). Sometimes things just hit us so hard we do things we shouldn't before we think.

Then you might have to do all of the three things you named.

At least he broke the cup, It could have been you that he threw to the floor.

Be careful.

Sometimes showing you're understanding works better than getting even.

I'd first go with A).

Try to get him to calm down and discuss it.

Then, if it happens again, OR WORSE,

GO with "Plan C)".

I've seen ALOT worse! I asked 1 specific question and the next thing I knew, my coffee table that had magazines, pencils and crayons on it, litterly SHOT CLEAR across the room!

When it's THAT "scenerio", I'd then go with both B and C!

That would BE IT!

• lolita

Wow! i'm going to be getting my canines quickly and the block off element of the abode she'll be staying in does have a vent. suited now we are canines proofing the gap so i'm going to make beneficial that blocking off the vents or removing her collar is on the checklist! thank you plenty. All those little ifs and buts seem impossible till they take place!

whoa. my partner is really calm and collected, so if he did that i'd get the hell out of the house first and let him cool off. i'd come back later and check him for drug usage or a fever. i'd get him to a hospital if needed, then we'd have a serious talk about the future of our relationship, cuz i'm not living in a house with someone who smashes cups.

Has he had a pattern of anger? There are several questions to be answered before one could truly answer this properly.

If it is a pattern,,leave immediately.

If it is a one time, frustration outlet, offer him another cup and step out while he collects himself.

It depends what followed. If it was jsut that, probably break out in laughter. But if you are scared leave the house and get some space. If you are threaten tell someone who really cares about you.

Well first, i'd get him another cup and try to figure it out. There is no reason to run for the hills after one episode.

Offer him a fresh cup of coffee