What will being a Junior Officer in the AF be like?

Im considering becoming a comissioned officer in the AF. I know I would start as a second lieutenant. What am I in for? Anyone have any personal experience or opinion they would like to share? Looking for examples of lifestyle, work, and living conditions for myself, my husband, and my 4 year old daughter. Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

Listen to your enlisted personell. They have done their jobs for a lot longer than you have, and have lots of good advice. Your sucess earlier in your carrer depends on listening to them.

It will be the best opportunity of your life. The life goes both ways it is good and it sucks but in the end it will pay off for you.

The AF is the best place to go they take care of their people.

GOOD LUCK

• tom l

AF captain lives across the street from me, should I go ask her?? I'm quite sure she still remembers being a 2nd lieutenant.

I would imagine like anything else in the AF,,,,,,,,,, it depends,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What job?

Where?

Working for and with whom?

decent money,benefits,housing,generally much better than the other branches,plus a lot more stability.

same answer as the first post, but for you, include a possible sexual attack, and serious harassment.