I have a 05 Toyota corrolla I was told I need a tune up I have 50K on it do I need one?

Favorite Answer

Well the car is only 2 years old, but how does it run? Do you notice a drop off in fuel economy or performance? If so then replace at least the plugs , air and fuel filters. But, you may want to replace all the belts now, including your timing belt. Timing belts last on the average of 60,000 miles. When they go bad while you are driving, you can possibly do damage to your valves and or your engine.

good Luck

I believe if you check with your owners manual it will tell you tune up or plug replacement isnt due till 90k,probably with iridium plugs.Ther are no plug wires to change,each plug is fired by a seperate coil pack.Air filter gets changed according to driving habits and environment.

look at your owner's manual, that is the bible for your car's well being.

A tune for a car like that is probably only 4 spark plugs and wires, and maybe an air filter and oil change, so it should be fairly cheap.

You can change the airfilter yourself to save a few dollars, it is really ez, you will find instructions in your owners manual.

You should perform a routine tuneup every 3 months or 3000 miles. Which ever comes first. Oil, oil filter, sparkplugs, wires, air cleaner, and distributor if needed.

Source(s): ASE mechanic

error,

stick with OE specs and your owners manual. they built the car, they know when things will break down and therefore write the scheduled maintainence for your car.

if you try to kid yourself and say the car runs fine so i wont have the tuneup done, you will lose in the long run.

happy motoring!

an honest garage will inspect the tuneup to check the condition of these parts and replace whats needed. when in doubt. check the manual in the glove box. it will say whether to check or replace

yes; you should have had a tune-up at 40,000. that was what my owners manual said on my camry.

Source(s): Toyota owners manual