Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Can you survive with ur in laws livings with you?

Favorite Answer

Well, guys, didn't you win the jackpot!!

Um, you kinda need to figure out how to separate the households. Not too sure I ever knew anyone who wanted in laws in the house.

I'm assuming this is a temporary situation. If you need to, go to social services and look into subsidized housing (for them, for you, for both families, whatever it takes to survive). See if there is any other kind of assistance either family qualifies for. Look into your local office of aging for housing for your loved ones.

Um, now might be a good time to put family expansion on hold. Mama may want to help. A pregnancy will put separating households in very emotional territory.

When you do speak with them make sure you approach them with respect. Do not react to things they say that irritate you. Take a breath, think about what you want to say and respond. Don't react. Respond.

About notes. You two need to have this conversation mapped out so you don't offend folks and cause a hard -to- mend rift. Start with how you love them. Mention that you are a young couple and need to have your own place now.

Do sit at the table with your notes and speak frankly with the folks. Ask them how they feel about moving into their own place. Ask them what you can do to help. See if they will be comfortable with someplace not too far, just separate. See if you can map out a timetable. Explore alternatives. You may want to have them consider living with another family member. Aim for the end result. Don't argue. Repeat as necessary. They may not cooperate at first. Give them some time and let them see the wisdom of your decision.....stick to your guns with respectful resolve and go for it.

No because they always look at you as an outsider and never take you into their family. Most get jealous because they think that the woman is happy and settled because of their son and that their son is supporting the woman.

Trust me, if your husband has a sister and her life gets bad, then you are in a bad state. I know people to whom this has happened. They get more jealous

not for long...2 or 3 days tops

You can try, but with every new day it gets worse and worse. It's not easy to mix different generations, you will always find something that irritates you about them.

Yes , if they live happily with me without disturbing my routine. I will not disturb them either.I like smiling adjustible guys.

• Stella

U CAN SURVIVE, YES. BUT SOONER OR LATER THEY WILL DRIVE U CRAZY!!! DIFFERENT GENERATIONS SHOULD LIVE SEPERATELY!

h3ll no you can't dont do it they will drive you crazy

no

nope..

hell no.