Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Will I be involved?

I heard that my friend just got arrested apparently for possesion of cocaine, although I'm not really sure if he deals or not. Anyway it's been 6 months since I've seen him last, but I used to hang out with him sometimes, & did some "stuff" but I never sold or bought it. I regret it, but that was the past, 6 months ago. I'm kinda scared if they pull his phone records, they will see my phone number, although I never really talked about that stuff on the phone with him. Also, if he wanted to, would he rat me out for hanging out with him? I'm really scared help!

Phew..well I've definitely learned my lesson, & I'm lucky that he was never caught when I was with him, & that I haven't done it since I've seen him last, 6 months ago.

Thanks everyone :)

Favorite Answer

It is baseless apprehension on your part for getting involved with your friend,who got arrested for an offence i.e possession of cocaine.Just because you happen to go on record on his telephone records does not get you to the offence for which your friend is being charged.If you are contacted and inquired about your possible contacts with your friend and possession of prior knowledge of your friend's in contraband goods,just say you do not know anything.That ends the matter.Any how,you have no incriminating thing to implicate you in the crime your friend is accused of.

Source(s): Involvement in crime

Unless you were directly involved with any of these activites (dealing) then you have no reason to worry. While the cops may come to your house (possibly) and question you, they may even get a search warrent, if they feel they have enough information agaist you to convict you. BUT... unless you have some one you physically, they can not prove that you did anything. So, if you have any in your house, car etc (any remains, pipes ANYTHING) get rid of it. Make sure that there is nothing that they can do to link you and illegal substances together, and you will be okay. Its his word, agaisnt your word. Just because you are friends doesnt mean that you do drugs together. They have to have some hard proof that you were invlovled. Not just him saying you dealt it or whatever, and you saying you didn't.

It would depend on the agency and how far they want to take a case for mere possession. Most agencies will use the person arrested for possession and try to get a bigger crook, ex,,a dealer or other more important contacts. Unless you fall into that category, I would not worry about it. They would not go into his phone records for mere possession.

Not likely. But let this be a lesson to you! There is an old saying "Guilty by association" so you would be wise to keep your nose clean (pardon the pun) and stay away from people who do drugs of ANY kind! There's another saying that seems appropriate here..."You're judged by the company you keep."

you haven't talked to him in 6 months? yeesh you're paranoid, do you know how many hundreds of phone numbers are on a dealer's call history? they are going to be looking for very recent ones that appear frequently if anything.

what benefit would ratting you out POSSIBLY do him? the only person the cops want to know about is who is HE getting it from, higher up the food chain.. you mean nothing to their investigation!!!

They have bigger fish to fry... they really only go after the dealers. besides, they would have absolutely zero proof that you actually did it. Being six months ago, they couldn't even drug test you with any positive results. So, don't worry about -- the only way you would be in trouble is if your friend lied and said you were the dealer, etc.

I'm sorry but your way too scared. To get you for attempt. purchase of cocaine they would have to have an actual recorded conversation. Phone records mean nothing. If he is still selling it don't buy from him to be safe.

• leigha

you could be on his phone, just as a friend, there is no proof you did anything, and if he wanted to drop you in it, its only his word against yours. no id say you are not involved, keep your mouith shut and stay away.

don't worry. if your not dealing or abetting a dealer, there's nothing to worry about.

Source(s): adopt zero tolerance policies toward violent crime? dissove the federal reserve. encourage illegals to serve in the military to earn citizenship. dissove the federal reserve. elect lynn swann governor of pennsylvania. give troops, border patrol agents and vets raises and raise the minimum wage. ,`,`,ark 18 + yo rapists of 13 - yo children on the face, hand or forehead. dissolve the federal reserve. agree that the freedom to consent to sex at age 14 legally in iowa, missouri, s. carolina, israel and canada is an abomination to be abolished. raise age of sex consent to 18 in america and israel. dissolve the federal reserve. /,/`\/`\,\ark 18 + yo molesters of 13 - yo children on the face, hand or forehead. abolish the federal reserve. call violent extremists terrorists instead of islamic... dissolve the federal reserve. investigate and prosecute kibbutzim pimps and u.s. lawmakers who sodomize and abort the children of us & israel. reduce aids. allow gay marriage, outlaw anal intercourse and promiscuous sodomy. dissove the federal reserve. child molesters should be ,`,`,arked on the face, hand or forehead, tethered, castrated and/or given phrikken labotomies. dissolve the federal reserve. dissolve the federal reserve. destroy the federal reserve. \\\ark 18 + yo rapists of 13 - yo children on the face hand or forehead. condemn and abolish legal minor sex, prostitution, child abortion, mandatory idf service in israel and dissolve the federal reserve. return to the gold standard. save the usa and israel. \\\ark 18 + yo rapists of 13 - yo children on the face hand or forehead. dissolve the federal reserve. dissolve the federal reserve. god bless america, the president and you. president bush - 202-456-1111 sen boxer - 224-3553 rep harman - 202-225-8220 sen kennedy - 202-224-4543 rep paul - 202-225-2831 sen lugar - 202-224-4814 sen mccain - 202-224-2235 sen clinton - 202-224-4451 rep pelosi - 202-225-4965 rep jones - 202 -225-7032 rep `,`,` schultz - 202-225-7931

still using I see......too paranoid!