Can you name this poem and poet / author?

The following is hand engraved on a window in my home in Berkeley, California:

"A house for wisdom, a field for revelation.

Speak to the stones, and the stars answer.

At first the visible obscures: Go where light is."

There is an author indicated (well known) but I cannot find this poem (or excerpt from a greater literary work) referenced or attributed to this person beyond my window.

According to the owner, this was scratched into the glass sometime in the early- to mid-sixties. I don't want to reveal the source as I would like untainted answers. Flex your prose skills on this one, I am curious to see what people come up with...

Favorite Answer

How enchanting and exciting. I love prose and try to write my own versions of it ( notice I said try). I have no idea who this author is, although I did try to research it to no avail. Good luck with obtaining correct answers.....

if it indead the author that it says then that means your house is worth a lot. some works never get published if that is a personal prose given to whomever owned at the time of the writing. I have been reading prose for a long time and dont remember reading about this. I would like to know the author

Allen Ginsberg, perhaps? Lawrence Ferlinghetti, possibly? Kenneth Rexroth, maybe?