How do you transfer songs from your ipod to itunes?

Recently, my computer broke down so everything got erased from my hardrive. I reinstalled itunes and started downloading new songs again. But now when I plug my ipod in the computer, it only shows the new songs i downloaded on the computer and wont show the original songs that are still on my ipod. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Favorite Answer

Technically, you can't.

Of course, there are plenty of ways around that.

First, you can always buy all the shiny things that they have out now, like Igadget, etc., but I'd suggest just going to your ipod folder on the computer.

(go to my computer, click on the ipod)

Make sure "show hidden files and folders" is on, then click on ipod_control. Then go to "search" search for all files and folders, (make sure "search in hidden files and folders" option is on) and it should bring up all the music files. Then hit shift to highlight all of them, and right click.

Send to--> (a folder destination on your computer) and then import that file into itunes.

Good luck, and contact me if you have any more questions.

Source(s): http://www.cnet.com/4520-7899_1-6477981-1.html -- here's a good step-by-step with screencaps that says the same thing I just told you.
  • leas

Here, no main issue . You can take a look at 4Videosoft iPod + iPhone Mate . 4Videosoft iPod + iPhone Mate is the robust iPod iPhone application to manipulate iPod/iPhone records and create iPhone ringtone. For it truthfully entails iPod Manager and iPhone Ringtone application, you'll import regional records to iPod/iPhone, switch/replica iPod/iPhone records to PC regional disk and create iPhone ringtone M4R from all video/audio records 3GP, AVI, MKV, RM, MOV, XviD, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, AVCHD, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, MP3. This all-circular iPod iPhone application can conveniently manipulate iPod/iPhone records to switch among iPod/iPhone and PC conveniently with none loss. The different aspect of iPod/iPhone application - iPhone Ringtone application can create ringtone M4R, then immediately export to iPhone. More further enhancing capabilities are to be had to manipulate iPod/iPhone good. Fully helps newly up to date iPhone OS three.zero/three.a million, iPod Firmware three.zero/three.a million.

sorry but once you plug in your ipod and update it it will erase all the songs and you will have to start over the same thing happened to me.

holy moly... ive been wondering how to do that...