How long do you wait after a breakup to call him?

I was dating this guy for about a month or so and he ended it with the dreaded lets just be friends. I said I wasn't sure that I could do that. Now I want to, how long should I wait to call him and see how he is and talk to him and tell him that I want to be friends. Or am I just being stupid. Should I just forget him and move on?

Favorite Answer

YES GIRL OH YES!!!!!MOVE ON CALL UP HOMEBOY AND TELL HIM WHAT THE DEAL IS....DONT WAIT NO NEED FOR WAITING. IF HE BROKE UP WITH YOU WITHIN A MONTH......THATS DEFINITELY NOT SOMEBODY YOU NEED TO BE WITH BECAUSE HE OBVIOUSLY DIDNT CARE FOR YOU AND DIDNT WANT TO TAKE THE RELATIONSHIP ANY FARTHER...SO CALL HIM TELL HIM ITS DONE AND THATS THAT......MOVE ON FIND SOMEONE WHO CANT GET ENOUGH OF YOU AND WOULDNT EVEN CONSIDER SAYING SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO YOU IN THE FIRST MONTH!!!!HOPE THIS HELPS YOU...

Source(s): UHHHH......ME!!!!!

You're not being stupid...you just have wishful thinking. Something about him made you feel good and you miss the feeling. That is not at all unusual. The let's be friends thing is usually a cop out of a spineless way to break up. He's done. Dating is all about learning what you like and don't like. Don't take it personal, it is impossible to get it right every time. Sometimes you learn that you don't like what you've found. That doesn't imply or make you bad in anyway, just simply not what he wanted or thought he wanted at the time you started dating. It could have just as easily been the other way around and you found out he was not what you thought you wanted. You could have been telling him you just wanted to be friends. LOL Move on, find out what you like and don't like. Hang in there.

I wouldn't call him...he used the tired as* excuse of being friends when he really had no intentions of it being so. And even if he were to call you up after you make the initial contact my best bet would it's going to be a booty call and that's it. Do you really want to be just a piece to some guy?? I would hope you think better of yourself than to do that....

Dont call.