Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

morning sickness help?

I am 16 wks pregnant...My morning sickness has been gone for about four weeks now. My baby's dad lives in a different city..(just moved) its about an hour away from me...I hadnt seen him for like almost a month cuz we werent getting along and we started smoothing things over and I went to see him...I was fine and all and everthing was going good but the next day I got morning sickness all over again...it went away after awhile then the next morning it came back...I left that night and figured it was just coming back...but when I got home about four days ago...it hasnt ever come back...any reasons you can THINK of that may have caused it? He wants me to come back up there tonight..but I really dont want to be sick...any suggestions on what may have caused it and any ways to prevent it while I am up there? Thanks in advance...Please Be nice.

Favorite Answer

I have to agree that stress is causing this problem to reoccur.

You have been through a lot in the last 4 months, and getting back together with your baby's daddy has you both scared and excited.This emotional rollercoaster is sure to make even a person who isn't preggy feel kinda queasy.

Never forget that you have people around you who care deeply for you, and don't be afraid to talk to them about whatever concerns you.

Could it be that you might be feelng some tension and stress when there? Expecially since you said you weren't getting along before even though things are smoothing out you may be thinking about it without realizing. It is amazing what hormones will do to you. Also could it be what you are eating differently while you are there? I use to use those sea bands and preggy pops and they rerally helped cut the edge of the nausea. Just seems too much of a coincedence that you would be getting sick there and not at home. Look at what you are eating, the stress you may be feeling or environmental factors.

Maybe it is something that you are eating when you are with him. Or maybe if you are currently sexual with him, that could make you sick. Otherwise if your boyfrind does not have a clean house or if he smokes, it could be the second hand smoke or mold. It would be easier for you to pin point why you are getting sick while visiting him. It could just be a certain scent in his house that makes you feel sick. When you are pregnant, there are sooooooo many thing sthat could set of morning sickness.

Is there any strong smells that are in his home? Sometimes strong smells trigger the nausea which triggers the morning sickness. If your not getting sick when your home and it only occurs when your at his place, it sounds like something in his enviroment is not agreeing with you. What food are you eating there, how clean is it..etc...you have to narrow it down to figure out what is making you sick when your over there.

I have to agree with those who have said sounds like you're stressed when around the BF. Maybe that's your bodys way of telling you the relationship isn't any good for you

well i ate anything lemon, that saved me, unfortuntely this morning sickness is very normal and hopefully in time it will go away, mine went away around 16-18 weeks, so try to last it out

• if you are trying to imply that your babys' dad is responsible then stay away from him but if you need to eat some saltine crackers before bed or before getting out of bed.

eat anything even if know you will get sick because you will not throw it all up and a little food is better than none. you have to eat for that baby

Your nerves may be causing this. Or maybe an odor doesn't sit well with you.

Keep some saltine crackers on hand.