Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do I highlight more than 1 spam message at a time to delete?

This new Yahoo only allows me to highlight 1 spam message at a time to delete. This will take forever. When I Take action, and I click delete all messages, it says I have to make sure all are loaded. This is ridiculous!

• rosieC
    Favorite Answer

When you check clear all or delete all spam, they should be deleted all at once. Of course, they ask you if you want them to be deleted in case you have second thoughts. When they are deleted, they go to your trash folder.

There's a big difference to this action and that of marking it spam. I don't know what system you use, but there's no highlighting involved. Locate this Spam button on the Yahoo Mail Page, There's a delete, then Spam. There's a box provided for each message. Mark each message you suspect as spam (check the box) Then click on Spam. This will mark them all as spam en masse not 1 spam at a time. You just don't want to delete.

You want to mark them Spam. So their e-mail addresses will be added automatically to your blocked addresses list. This prevent future delivery of such spam. Do this for the Spam Guard to work. Upon marking these messages as Spam, they get deleted completely out of the system .

I know I'm right, I just tested it and it worked.. Icheck it individually, of course as I have others non -spam messages. But it allows me to mark all of them as Spam in one swift motion.

Easy.. click on o;ne spam message and hold the control buttom down and click on the second, third, etc of the spam buttons and they will be highlighted.. then click the delete button

in mail room, top right corner it says option, click that and it will delete all spam you have now and continue 2 delete spam as it comes in.. so easy and so nice 2 have that option : )

• Coco

I thought you just click the "check all" button and then hit delete.

The "check all" is under neath all the mail, in small type.

• ?

@op I used to do comparable till I realised that it wasn't working and comparable messages have been nevertheless coming by inspite of having been marked as direct mail like one hundred cases. The opposite is likewise the case: inspite of marking messages as not direct mail hundreds of cases, they nevertheless ended up in the direct mail folder. wager SpamGuard is only too uninteresting

Highlight one then press shift and move arrow down to highlight all of them then delete. that's how I do it.

Hold down the control key, and keep clicking down the column.

If they are lined up next to each other, hold shift while you select them with your mouse. If there are messages you want to keep in between them, hold ctrl while you select them with your mouse.

it seems u r very new to this kinda yahoo beta.....

hey jus explore the short cut keys they provided for yahoo beta.... u can get a very clear idea abt using yahoo beta......

and de answer for ur's is jus press shift+select ur consecutive msgs...... and for different msgs..... use CTRL and select......

crtl button, or crtrl+shirt to do alot. i think thats how it works.