Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Do you feel that there should be more resignations in GOP over the Foley scandal? Will there be more?

Favorite Answer

Yes considering the GOP portrays itself at the moral representative of America. If they do not then they are hypocrites and only worship money and power. There will be more resignations only if it helps the Republicans stay in the majority.

Many were convinced that the GOP were the political party of ethics, moral, and heavy supports of Christian values. However; with recent news media events from the White House to Congress, I believe their eyes have been opened. Its too bad that the GOP has listed the names of the Pages considered to be gay. Even worse to blame them for the Mark Foley scandal. Right now the country is seeing the true color and agenda of the GOP. They care more about holding onto power, than the future of our American children. Ironically, people will disagree on political issues, but stand firm when it comes to protecting children from pedophiles and those will to turn a blind eye. Shame on them all, and what a hypocritical yet Machiavellian plight that we all as Americans find ourselves in. Indeed, I believe that there should be more resignations.

One final point; those who would select justification of the GOP, by finger pointing to Democrats indiscretions, failed to understand the importance of not using political power to prey upon children. There is no parallel conception.

Ahhh, let us check-out the past of the Democrats first. Ted Kennedy & the drowning of Mary Jo Kopecknie. Of course there was the "I did not have sex with that woman", otherwise known as the Bill & Monica saga. Then there was the recent other Kennedy that was picked-up driving DUI and checked into detox.

I think everyone who knew what was going on and didn't do what they could to stop it should resign but I don't think they will. I think most of them will count on their constituents forgetting before they are up for election again.