1. Juices for Kidney and Bladder Troubles: Cucumber & parsley, dandelion, spinach.
2. Cabbage Leaves: Applied to an infected wound, ulcer, or oozing eczema should be layered like roof shingles, allowing secretions to drain between the layers. When treating lumbago, joint pain, or various afflictions of the nerve or bladder, poultices of cabbage leaves bring rapid relief. A poultice is prepared as follows: Boil for 20 minutes 2 to 4 cabbage leaves and two whole chopped onions with 3 or 4 handfuls of bran and a little water. After evaporation of the water, place the poultice on gauze and apply hot for one or two hours, or even for the whole night. (Never apply heat to a painful abdomen. Only the physician can properly diagnose the cause of abdominal pain, and the application of heat to appendicitis or infection of the ovary may be harmful.).
3. Vegetables to Eat for Bladder Ailments: Cabbage, cauliflower, kale, kohlrabi, mustard greens, spinach, summer squash, turnip greens.
4. In Making Our Food Our Medicine: Remember the usual remedy for kidney, bladder, and edema is to make at least two quarts of a strong parsley tea and drink copiously. If the urine is suppressed drink one half to one teacupful, hot, every hour.
1. Alfalfa: Frank Bower conducted many interesting experiments with Alfalfa. Three hundred soldiers at Sawtelle, California, used the Alfalfa tea with remarkable improvement in bladder, prostate and other problems.
2. Dr. Christopher's Kidney Formula: (White Mallow) Almost a month ago I was having a problem with my bladder (burning on urination, etc.) In order to avoid spending money on a physician which I didn't have, I went to the health food store and asked what would be good for my aliment. It was suggested that I try KB Combination and garlic capsules. They were out of KB so I bought some garlic capsules. I also took Vitamin C and drank large quantities of water. Unfortunately it must have been too late for these remedies. I was forced to go to a night clinic and they prescribed an antibiotic. I must admit that I didn't take them faithfully, but finally felt that they had cured me. A few weeks later it flared up again. I had had quite a few drinks on a Sunday and the next day at work I began to have severe pains in the region of my bladder. I left work momentarily and walked across the street to the Blue Chip Nutrition Health Food Store. I inquired about the KB Combination and they had it in stock. I started taking two capsules three times a day. My pain was so bad I had to leave work early and go home. I took aspirin, a pain pill, a lot of water and laid down with a heating pad on my abdomen. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital the pain was so bad. Anyway, I toughed it out till morning, and much to my amazement, I was miraculously cured. I couldn't believe it. Anyway, I have been taking your formula ever since then and will continue to do so as a preventive measure. I know my problem is not drinking enough water and I also indulge occasionally in too much alcohol