Why do people like rock music when it is total c*r*a*p ????

NO RUDE ANSWERS! What I want to know is why do so many people have such bad taste in music.

Favorite Answer

Why do people like anything that someone somewhere doesn't like?

Why do I like music from the 14th century and yet can't tell you any song titles by Nirvana?

Why does Nirvana exist (the band not the enlightened state) at all?

Because someone somewhere (or lots of people everywhere) specifically do NOT think it's total c*r*a*p.

There are many types of rock music. I like some of them yet can't stand others. There are many types of jazz music. I like some of them yet can't stand others. There are many types of classical music. Ditto. There are many types of broadway theater music. Ditto. There are many types of any music. DITTO. There are many types of new age music. DITTO even to that!

Music is music. The divisions exist so marketing managers can sell more of their product.

You might as well ask why I like asparagus or Brussels sprouts!

Just today at the ol' store, my boss put on a Sarah Brightman CD (which I absolutely stinkin' ABHOR), and at least 3 or 4 people came up complimenting the selection. I think it absolutely SUCKS ROCKS.

I love Mozart, Don Byron, Josquin Despres, Ivo Papazov, and Rush, among others...there's some eclectic taste...

Source(s): I'm a performing, teaching musician who also sells CD's for health benefits. 27 years clarinetist, 13 years CD biz.
  • Dove

If you like music then everything has something for you. Different people have different tastes in music and that is great or there would not be the industry that there is today. If you dont like rock then you have missed out on some of the most profound songs that I have ever heard. Listen to Knockin' on Heavens Door, or anything by Guns 'n' Roses.

The fact of the matter is, there is a very broad since of taste. What you consider distasteful, someone else could think the music you consider great boring. It the same with how you think. It is a matter of opionion and age. I myself like rock, but I am an Opera singer. My ranges are opera and broadway. I love jazz, classic, opera, broadway, rock and many other things you can name. It's a matter of opionion.

Why do we love rock?

We’re not afraid of the sound of the guitar.

We are adventurous enough to appreciate real bands that play real instruments.

We’re not afraid of real, melodic musical style and talent and complex arrangements.

We’re not ashamed of our blues roots.

We don’t hide the fact that we owe much debt to the musical contributions of the Beatles and Black Sabbath.

We have good sound systems that do justice to the music we love.

We like our album covers to look artistic.

We like our music videos to be artistic.

Source(s): Decades of good music of all kinds.

this new rock is crap...like Hender(or Hinder, which ever), people call that rock!! What ever happened to ROCK! all this new junk SUCKS!! There are to many little kids that follow the crowd an cant make up their own minds. MTV has ruined ROCK & ROLL. Someone please bring it back!!!!

No, this question is REALLY CRAP! Rock music isn't even close. In fact, it's NOT crap at all. But the question still is.

Kinda like this question huh?

You request no rude responses, yet you insult the music and those who listen to it...hmmmm

Source(s): Classic rock music fan...

if you don't have any rude answers don't ask any rude comments

rock isn't really my styl but that's still freaken rude

um...im sorry....but people have different interests...you can not just say it is a horrible genre because it does not happen to appeal to you

thats your opinion! people like different things! wise up and dnt b stupid have you still not realised that!!!