Is JJ Redick the white Kobe?

- both are hated by the majority of people - both are considered cocky and arrogant - both couldn't play for Team USA due to injuries - both got in trouble with the law after having squeaky clean images (Redick's marijuana incident doesn't count) - both arguably take a lot of bad shots - when... show more - both are hated by the majority of people
- both are considered cocky and arrogant
- both couldn't play for Team USA due to injuries
- both got in trouble with the law after having squeaky clean images (Redick's marijuana incident doesn't count)
- both arguably take a lot of bad shots
- when Redick was in college he was the best player and Kobe was the best player in the NBA
- both were taken mid first round
- Kobe is number 24, Redick is number 7, 24/7 (yin and yang??)
- both get a ton of publicity
- Kobe is Jordan's successor, and their jersey numbers are one number apart (24 and 23); JJ is Kobe's successor and his jersey number (7) is one number apart from Kobe's former jersey number (8)
- they are my two favorite players

That's some pretty damning evidence if you ask me. I think it's no question JJ is the white KB.
Update: Oh yeah and both were McDonalds All Americans and Kobe has verbally stated he would have gone to Duke if he didn't go pro out of HS.