Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Is the Drudge Report the best place for fair and balanced news?

• justa
    Favorite Answer

Sure, right next to the 'Hitler Daily' on your newsstands now

On Drudge's radio show this past Sunday he actually went to such lengths to avoid accepting any blame on the Republicans part for the Foley scandal by trying to blame it on the PAGES!!! I don't have the exact quote but it was something to the effect of, "The kids aren't innocent in this either. They were egging Foley on!".

So - um - yeah - keep listening.

If you want "fair and balanced" - watch C-SPAN. Everything else is just entertainment.

I wouldn't say Drudge is the best place for that.

With the Internet and it's many, many news services, the best source is many sources. Don't just rely on one news site for your information. Google News searches many online news sites. I believe this is a good place to find current and past news. Be sure to read information from a few different websites so you get more of the story.

http://news.google.com/

I go with the News Hour with Jim Lehrer on PBS. If you only have 6-7 minutes, they give a great overview of the day's news, and then go in depth on 3-5 stories for the rest of the hour. I particularly like the analysis of Shields and Brooks on the Friday edition of the show.

If you're on the web, I like Reuters, to get an idea of how the rest of the world views us. I used to like the AP service (I used to work for the AP) but they have gotten more conservative over the past few years--I guess that Fox News stuff is seeping in everywhere!

Drudge simply links stories that are elsewhere. Unlike AP, he does not have writers writing it for the particular views of its editors.

As fair and balanced as anybody else.

He was the first to break the news on monica, so yeah

It may not be... but we certainly know it is also not the likes of CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, Air-Head America etc

hAs to be better than Fox News.... Biased and UnBalanced!!

Not really