Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

I HAVE THE BOARDWALK MONOPOLY PIECE! CLiCK FOR TRADE!?

AHA! ONE SUPER SIZE BIG MAC WITH FRIES AND COKE AND BOOM! BOARDWALK! I LIVE IN LOS ANGELES, TRADE AND SPLIT MONEY!!! I DESERVE MORE THOUGH.

EMAIL ME FOR PICTURES OF IT. IM GONNA BE RICH!!!

i mean we both use boardwalk and the park one, we win $1,000,000, then we split it.

Favorite Answer

Little economics lesson here....

Assuming you have the winning piece, it's worth $1,000,000 (less taxes, but let's not make this too complicated). It appears you're offering half, or $500,000, to someone who has the other half of the winning pair (Park Place, presumably). There are 26 properties, of which only 17 non-winning ones are going to be common. With 2 pieces per meal, you'd need an average of 5 meals at roughly $6 apiece, or $30, to obtain the other piece by random chance at McD's.

IOW you're offering 16.666 X what it should cost you to get the other half of the winning pair. Which leads me to think you're either scamming or really, really bad at math.

If you actually do have Boardwalk, congratulations. I suggest investing in an accountant's services, though.

I have the Park Place

I have Park Place! How about we split the money?

Hey Man, I have Park Place! Email and me and we can talk! Lets work this out. Ed

Why would you want to trade? If you have the rare piece of any of the monopolies the other(s) would be quite common.

just incase the others were BS'ing I have park place

I have park place. lets talk.

I HAVE PARK PLACE!!!! lets go 50/50

So what do you want to trade for it? Or are you just teasing me?

Ha hes full of shi.t