How do you tie down a manufactured home to FHA standards.?

I have tie downs on mine, but just failed my FHA inspection. The tie downs have to be crossed?? for huricane protection. Is this something I can do without paying big money to a contracter.

Favorite Answer

My experience is that the structure has to be mounted to a foundation in order to meet their spec. That is to dig holes under the main framing members, place sauna tubes to size and spacing according to spec, fill with concrete and anchor the frame to them. Contractors I have seen get 9k on up depending on the size of the home and obstacles

Type " Vector Tie Down System" into your Internet search browser. It uses a criss-cross strap system along with the existing straps built into your home. Most mortgage companies require this or a set-up like it to get a traditional home loan on manufactured housing Hope this helps!

Bungee cords and duct tape?