is hell real?

if you answer this question, please state some factual evidence other than "its in the scriptures!".............. THAT MEANS YOU MORMONS, no offense or anything, but that is all that you have to even remotely prove anything.

Best Answer

No, hell is not real. It is only a myth that bishops and church officials made up a very long time ago, i can't say when, but when christianity was being converted from good will and piety, to exploitation of the followers and demonization of other faiths. They invented 'The Devil' and 'hell' to make easily fooled peasants belive that they needed church or else they would be damned. People back then barely knew how to count or spell their own name. Once a sermon was preached that scared the 'hell' out of them, they were scared for their 'eternal soul' and would do many things to avoid the horrible things described by thier trusted authorities of faith. It is all made up. All made up. Except for Jesus. But even the concept most people hold of him is not even true. Maybe he had a wife, children. Possibly he was not the son of some fearful being in the sky, but a great prophet of good will and kindness to our fellow man. Everything else; adam and eve, noahs ark, parting of the red seas, christmas, and 95% of the bible - all made up. One big story to give a group of people power over the other. So no, fellow yahooligan, hell is not real. The only thing that awaits you after death is a new life. It is a cycle, just like the seasons, youth and aging, rain, and dirt. The only hell there is is the one you make in your own mind. But if you are a very bad person, sometimes or in general, your next life or later on in this one, you will get what you deserve. Though it will (probably) not be demons sticking pitchforks up your @ss for eternity.

You are asking for empirical evidence where there can be none. I wish I had a lab with a portal to the afterlife, but honestly, if I said I did would you believe me? If I said I had a vision or a near death experience, would that somehow be evidence? Isn't that basically the same as scriptures? Hell is a religious idea, so you are going to get a religious answer. Just as if you ask a mathematical question, you get a mathematical answer. If religion were provable or disprovable, it wouldn't be religion anymore. Faith and facts are quite different.

As for you Mormons comment, yes they often do that, but I can't say I've seen them do it more than anyone else.

• Mike3 years agoReport

It is true, that there's no evidence if hell is real or not. There is evidence of reincarnation, so I believe the first persons post may be correct.

Source: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/10/29/science-now-proves-reincarnation-a-look-at-the-souls-journey-after-death/

No hell is not a real place. It came from false teachings and the churches began to to it to their congregations. The word hell comes from the word shoel which mean grave. So he'll is just a grave. Jesus nor any of the first century disciples ever taught anyone about such a place. In fact it is not something even mentioned in God's creation. So it is a false teaching, a false place, and misleads many

It depends upon the person you ask. If one has an actual belief in the Bible, then yes. If you don't, then no. However, there is a book called "A Divine Revelation of Hell" by Mary K. Baxter, which she describes a journey through hell. She was supposedly taken on this journey by God. Chec it out, quite interesting read.

Yes ... We're living in it, and I believe that the bible tells us so.

1. God created the heavens and the earth - earth isn't heaven, so I'm thinking it must be hell.

2. Satan - the fallen angel formerly known as Lucifer, was sent down from heaven to wander the earth ... Satan has been referred to as the God of this world (and the world is earth) ... and the bible says he exists in the depths of hell -- so I'm really thinking earth is hell.

3. The bible says that hell is filled with torment and pain. How much torment and pain is there here on earth? TOO MUCH ... and it's getting worse and worse.

I'm not a bible thumper ... but it's something that makes me go, "Hmmmmm."

• Mike3 years agoReport

wow those are some valid points. I love it

• peg

Why are you even questioning it? Have you lost your faith in God? Hell is many things. It's the place where bad people go and it doesn't necessarily mean the place underground where there's fire and stench. It's personal hell no matter where you go. It's where a person that does wrong and that does not have the faith and belief to live a decent and moral life end up.

I babble but I should hope you get the meaning.

I don't know, no one does, if they say one way or the other, then it's only their opinion, For man kinds sake I hope not, and if it is then god is one mean dude.

Hell is a mythical place that doesn't exists..people just say it to scare you..unless you know someone who came back from hell..

yes because if you read the bible god created two special places a heaven in which is your destination and hell as a punishment of god for betraying him

No, It is all just fairy tales to control people and to suck money out of them.