How do you design a monogram for a wedding if the bride if hyphenating her last name with the grooms?

For example John Doe and Jane Smith becoming John Doe and Jane Doe-Smith.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would do it as if it were Jane Doe Smith. So if would be j S d. I am recently married and I hyphenate my name. However, for a lot of things like certain credit cards, plane tickets, etc. they take out any punctuation anyway so even if it was Jane Doe-Smith, it would come out as Jane Doe Smith. So you can do it as if it were Jane Doe Smith. If you are only doing a single initial, it's appropriate to just to Smith.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

We offered a monogram cake topper and the brides first initial could come first so it could be like SJB for you. i'm no longer particular why that's performed that way even with the indisputable fact that that's... type of like how once you're writing to a married couple you're meant to jot down... Mr. & Mrs. Brad Johnson. Why won't be able to you position Mr. & Mrs. Stacy Johnson? lol yet i guess that's how issues might want to made to paintings. wish that helped you out really!

• 1 decade ago

The bride should not hyphenate her name until she is married to the groom.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hyphenate the monogram,[ it will become a duogram]

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You only use the name they would have in common( the groom's).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.