How do you remove sulfur smell from clothing?

I worked in a fertilizing plant and was around sulfur alot. Now it is in my clothes. Washing doesn't seem to help. Hanging out side for days helped alittle.

• Peace
    Favorite Answer

my husband worked at a farm supply store so i know how that goes. there is this orange hand cleaner you can by any were put about a 1/2 cup in the wash and 1 cup baking soda let it sit for 30 minutes then let the wash finish then add 3 cups vinegar and wash again this should do the trick you will need to rinse a couple of times but the smell will begone

Baking soda does it work nor vinaigrette. The only way to completely get out stubborn smells for good is too first put your clothes I the washer, turn it on, and let it fill up with water. After it fills up pour two detergent caps full of pinesole or fabulouso in and a whole can of coke and then let it wash. I know it sounds weird but the acid in the coke is what pulls the smell out and it won't stain as long as you let the washer fill up before you pour it in :) I can't believe this isn't on google anywhere but it works wanders!:)

I have to agree that baking soda will do the trick. I havent found any other product that gets rid of (any) odor better. and its like a dollar a box, so be generous.

the vinegar is also great for getting rid of soap residue on clothes. just as you get soap scum on your shower, it is in your clothes. if the residue has absorbed the odor and baking soda doesnt get it out, the vinegar will remove any lasting residue, and hence, the sulfur smell with it.

Use bleach. even though it is going to wreck the colour out of your shirt. it somewhat is extra helpful having a unusual and wonderful colored shirt then a shirt smelling like sulfur lol. Plus the colour would finally end up to look stylish counting on what colour it began out with.