Lisa
Lisa asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Cervical biopsy?

Any of you ever have a cervical biopsy? What would you say the level of discomfort is?

Favorite Answer

It feels like a bad menstrual cramp. Nothing more than that. But, the good thing is that is doesn't last as long as a bad menstrual cramp does! :) You'll be fine. Take and OTC pain reliever before you go.

Hmmm I don't want to go through it again but it wasn't that bad. On a scale of 0 - 10 I would say around a 2. I had no pain after. Now if you have to have a LEEP that is a different story but ask that question if you get to that ;-) Good luck with your biopsy, you will do just fine. Nothing to it!

I had a biopsy achieved some year in the past. I by no potential had abdomen swelling in any respect.. I in simple terms had cramps for an afternoon or too.. it rather is advisable to touch your OBGYN and notice if it is typical..

Sure, I've had several. It's almost the same as a pap smear, but with just a little cramping after. It's not that bad, don't sweat it.

DebbieB

it is no big deal, it is a little pinch - you dont even get anesthesia for it because there is very little feeling in the cervix. one part of it may be crampy though if they sample your cervical canal, and they almost always do. dont worry - it will be fine.

yeah i have. Its not really painful just more uncomfortable. You feel anxious and irritated but wouldnt say painful. Afterwards it hurt a little and i did bleed a little but nothing too bad. Ive had worse.