Luis Rene asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

where can I check up training routines used by pro football players (or college) ?

I need info about how many reps. series and weight is used when training for strenght, speed and condition.

I`m not asking what they use, eat, drink, etc.. im asking what type of exercises, sets and reps they do. thanks.

Favorite Answer

As for the pros -- you need to check out the BALCO Lab -- because most of them use steroids or some other performance enhancing drugs.

Sad but true.

My guess is 15 to 20 percent. Remember, the punishment in the NFL- four or more games- means a much bigger chunk of the season is lost if a guy tests positive. That alone turns players away from trying it. The NFL did have a steroid issue in the 1970's and '80's. Back then training programs did not last year-round as they do today. And players did some stupid things to try and get that extra edge.