I need persuasive speech topics for english class.?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
anyone know any good peruasive speech topics, pretty much on anything, that i can use for a 2 minute speech?

ideas please :)
Best Answer
Personally, I'd choose something controversial and political. (Probably depends on your school). Like:

Has the war in Iraq increased our security, or made us more vulnerable to terrorism.

Or,

Should evolution be taught in schools? Discuss whether teaching evolution either (a) violates the doctrine of separation of church and state --- (the argument would be that it is a religious concept) or (b) is compelled by the doctrine of separation of church and state -- (the argument is that science is objective and independent of religion and that all contrary teachings are inherently religious in nature).

Or,

Whether current slang represents an evolution of the english language or violates the language as taught (or both.)

Good luck!
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (7)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Pipski answered 8 years ago
    the best speeches are about things you care about. if you really like music, do a speech on the illegal downloading; or perhaps you really love kids, do a speech on abortion or education; if you enjoy law, do a speech on the death penalty. pick something you care about and run with it, make sure it's something that interests YOU. good luck

Source(s):

is in language arts ;)
    • Comment
  • applejacks answered 8 years ago
    Why english class is more important than math. if you want an A
    • Comment
  • manicschematic answered 8 years ago
    How about your stance on assisted suicide. I have a college friend who is doing it and it's really interesting.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • CourtneyMT answered 8 years ago
    Persuade them to do volunteer work every once in a while.

Here is also a site that lists lots of persuasive speech topics:
    http://www.speech-writers.com/persuasive...

Good luck!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • queenofthenile513 answered 8 years ago
    some ideas...well there's the War, persuade teens to practice abstinence, persuade ppl to stay in school, persuade ppl to vote, persuade ppl not to smoke...i have others but i'm at work now lol persuade ppl to do their job at work instead of answering yahoo! questions lol...j/k but if you need more email me. Good Luck!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • grisgris0905 answered 8 years ago
    Why you should recycle
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ikillnoobs999 answered 8 years ago
    A simple topic could be your favorite drink. Then you pretty much say how good it taste how cheap it is stuff like that.
    CHOOSE A TOPIC YOU LIKE
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow