LOLA asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Why Pantene is sold in the pharmacy if all say that is the worst shampoo?

I have been to many countries and I saw that Pantene shampoo is sold in the pharmacy.Why is sold there when people say that is worst shampoo?

Favorite Answer

Because the pharmacy does NOT sell good quality shampoos.

Go to a salon, that's where you're going to find the excellent quality ones.

I have never heard pantene is the worst shampoo, the ones that are bad are baby shampoo (very stripping to the hair-its made for removing cradle cap-gentle to the eyes cuz it has a deadening agent in it so it wont sting) pert, prell, mane and tail (which coats the hair badly and can cause breakage over time and not good when doing chemical services) I have used the pantene restoratives shampoo and conditioner myself and loved it when my hair got really dried out. Of course professional products are the best to use. They are a little more pricey but can target your specific hair. Alot of over the counter products have alot of water in them where ur salon products r thicker, u use less so over time ur not really saving alot of money by buying from the stores.

Source(s): Stylist 25 yrs

It is not a bad shampoo, it just not suited for everybody's hair.

I love Pantene, and next to Dove shampoo, I think it's the best.

It's like African hair products. For my hair it is the worst shampoo and conditioner, but for someone else's hair it would be brilliant, don't assume that just because one or two people don't like a particular product, that it will be taken out of the stores completely.

• Lea

Actually, there really is not a big difference amongst shampooes. There is no more difference amongst shampooes than between them and dish detergent. Most shampooes have the same top ingredients.

because pantene pay the pharmacies alot of money to carry their product. doenst mean it's good for your hair.

I like that shampoo, its sold everywhere...

diff people diff perception..if they r lousy kinds they wont be the most popular and most money making! i beg to diff.. i used tiier shampoo and conditioner and my hair strengthened!

err nope! im using pantene now and it works for me :) i think it depends on who use it ...