My computer makes a noise like bull frogs croaking rapidly all the time, getting louder at at times.?

What is wrong with it that it makes that noise?

Best Answer

My best guess would be a failing cooling fan. You can probably verify this by listening at the back to see if that's where it's coming from.

Other possibilities that come to mind:

A floppy drive (does anyone have these anymore?) doing self test.

A program (virus?) playing the sound through your speakers.

A CD/DVD drive that is having trouble opening, closing, or spinning.

A failing harddrive - in which case the sound would be the least of your problems.

Find out specifically where it is coming from. Take the side plate off and put your ear close (not too close - don't shock yourself). Is it a sound similiar to an old refrigerator (high pitched metallic whine)? If so it is most likely your hard disk. I have 3 PC's one of which is an old dell pentium 2 that has an hdd that will make this noise sometimes. It has been like this for quite awhile and I expected it to be dead by now. I don't keep anything irreplaceable on that drive anymore

Run a virus check...Norton Antivirus is good

try spraying your system fan with an air can. you may have too much dust slowing it down, or the fan may be dying.

you could desire to already know which you have have been given cracked me up great time...do I could desire to function greater desirable than supplying you with a huge call and supplying you with a significant smiley face?! lol! :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) thank you! :-)

It's a Budweiser commercial.......................turn off the TV!!!!

badda bing badda boom!!!

Source(s): The Book of Caboozia