My computer makes a noise like bull frogs croaking rapidly all the time, getting louder at at times.?

What is wrong with it that it makes that noise?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

My best guess would be a failing cooling fan. You can probably verify this by listening at the back to see if that's where it's coming from.

Other possibilities that come to mind:

A floppy drive (does anyone have these anymore?) doing self test.

A program (virus?) playing the sound through your speakers.

A CD/DVD drive that is having trouble opening, closing, or spinning.

A failing harddrive - in which case the sound would be the least of your problems.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Find out specifically where it is coming from. Take the side plate off and put your ear close (not too close - don't shock yourself). Is it a sound similiar to an old refrigerator (high pitched metallic whine)? If so it is most likely your hard disk. I have 3 PC's one of which is an old dell pentium 2 that has an hdd that will make this noise sometimes. It has been like this for quite awhile and I expected it to be dead by now. I don't keep anything irreplaceable on that drive anymore

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Run a virus check...Norton Antivirus is good

• 1 decade ago

try spraying your system fan with an air can. you may have too much dust slowing it down, or the fan may be dying.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

you could desire to already know which you have have been given cracked me up great time...do I could desire to function greater desirable than supplying you with a huge call and supplying you with a significant smiley face?! lol! :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) thank you! :-)

• 1 decade ago

It's a Budweiser commercial.......................turn off the TV!!!!

badda bing badda boom!!!

Source(s): The Book of Caboozia
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.