Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesDetroit · 1 decade ago

Have you been to Detroit?

Have you ever been to Detroit before? What'd you think of the city?

Favorite Answer

I have been to Detroit before since I use to live in the Metropolitan Area for over 20 Years. Detroit is a city that is on a the decline at the moment. The population is decreasing and the economy is not performing very well. Progress to make Detroit cosmopolitian is very slow and only happens in certain areas. Also, when you want to visit Detroit, you have to travel through many bad areas just to get to a good area. The transporation throughout Detroit and the Metropolitian area is not very good because the bus system that they have is not very well organized and buses have a tendency to not come on time. As for the future of Detroit, I am not too optimisitic about the future because as of right now, I believe that by the year 2050, Grand Rapids will be the biggest city in Michigan overpassing Detroit which is the current biggest city in Michigan.

That depends on where you go in Detroit. I love the city. There is so very much to do. Hart Plaza, Joe Louis Arena, Comerica Park. Just to name a few spots. There is the Detroit Institute of Art, one of the top ten museums in the country, The African American Museum, TJ's the best beer and peanuts in town. There is Shields on Telegraph and 10 mile ( awesome pizza), Orchestra Hall, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Farmington Hills, Southfield, Dearborn, Greenfield Village to name a few very interesting locations. There is the Fox theater, The Zoo, Cobo Hall, Greek town, Trappers Alley. There is always something going on in Detroit. Have Fun ! Forget the brainwash attempts at bad mouthing Detroit. Find it for yourself. Respect all people and you will find respect. Oh I almost forgot the Eastern Market Wow and I am just getting started...

I live in canton, a suburb about 30 miles west of downtown, i drive into detroit every day for work....

They got it set up where us "outsiders" have to pay 1% income tax to the city of detroit, and even this way the place is a dump. The blacks have torn the place up. They used to burn buildings for fun on devils night, until the cops clamped down.

Its literally freezing for about 6 mos out of the year., its a big stinking toilet.

If i could find an idiot to buy my house i would leave.

A few years ago, I was visiting Deerfield and drove into Detroit for the day. I hate to say this, but I did not like the city. The people we encountered were great and helpful, but the city just did not do it for me.

I was born and raised in Detroit. When I was younger, it was fun, actually. Smoking weed, drinking and hanging out with my homies.

Now that I'm older, I'm itching to move to Florida because Detroit is just depressing to me. A lot of killings in the inner city. Downtown Detroit is OK. There's a lot of dilapidated buildings and it look like Iraq in some parts.

Out of 10 points, I give today's Detroit a 4.

Yes, some parts of it are really nice, other parts I would stay out of. But...in response to one of the comments...what's wrong with Michigan?? I love it here! There are other cities besides Detroit. And, It's beautiful up north! We have a house in Southern Michigan and one up north. I've lived in 4 other states and though most of the places I've lived are no where near any of the larger cities, which I prefer, I do not see myself moving out of Michigan at all.

ya i lived in detroit until a couple yrs ago then i moved 2 10 mins outta detroit 2 live wit my mom but it's not as bad as ppl think or say alot of places are really nice i mean sum rundown businesses an sh*t but it's home an f uck everyone else's opinions bout how horrible an how "scary" it is it's jus like ne otha city

I live in Detroit

i lived just outside the majority of my life and i loved it! i worked downtown as an adult and it was super! sure the roads during the winter months stunk but.... it was okay because those that are smart have at least 3 ways to get to work - due to traffic, snow, construction or stupid drivers -- it's always best to have an easy way around.

detroit has it's problems - as any large city - but the downtown and surrounding suburbs are great! also the ability to head over to canada or "up north" and see the true beauty and splendor.... boy thanks alot you have me missing home!

no matter where i live, detrot will always be home!

I was there for the MLB All-Star game last year. It was interesting to say the least. It could use a little better funding to clean it up a bit. Could use a serious makeover. By the river was alright because it's not so run down.