Has any one been to paris?

Has any one been to paris, france? How is the eiffel tower. Give details.

Favorite Answer

Paris is amazing; it is a dream city. The Eiffel Tower is a steel structure that peeks through the building of the Champs-Elysees area. As you walk toward the river you feel its gradeur, and that is when your heart starts to skip beats. You cross the rivers, walking on charming bridges with statues of gold. The tower now is so close that you'd think you could feel it if you stretch your arm. Yet you would walk for few minute to even be near the entrace. You can either take the elevator or the stairs (which is free) and start you journey to heaven. It is not the highest place I've been to, but up there I felt that was the closest thing to heaven I have ever reached, maybe because it overlooks Paris and all that beautiful scenary. Then you get even higher and the area becomes narrower. You would think you are on a majic carpet, but one made of steel. You shop in the souvenier shops, take picture that would make you smile even when you are most miserable, and then start decend from that part of heaven. Later, as you walk back to the dazzling part of Paris with early begining of the sunset, you look back to the tower to see its breathtaking glow and dancing lights.

God, I love that city.

Facts:

-The Eiffel tower is the only place on earth, as far as I know, where you can get a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice for less than a bottle of water.

-It has 1665 steps.

-It has about 7300 tons of steel. I keep on emphasizing on that because I am a civil engineer.

The Eiffel tower is a great way to see the city. I think it was larger in person that I imagined it would be. It was 9 euros for us to go to the top in an elevator. It is definitely worth going to the very top if you have never been. The monument does sway a bit. A great time to go is about an hour before dusk. That way you can see all the sights during the day, but then be there as it starts to get dark. Definitely stay to see all of the lights flashing each hour. There is a restaurant inside the tower called Jules Verne. It is very very good and not just a tourist trap. That is really worth it.

Yes, it's a lovely place! We spent 5 days there in July 2001, spent a ton of money, saw the sights (all except for the Louve - it was closed due to a strike) and absolutely LOVED going up the Eiffel Tower! We waited about 1 1/2 hours to go up by elevator, but a large group of young people earned free t-shirts by walking up the stairs in the supports - no way I could do that!!! When we got to the very top, the view was just breathtaking. There are signs all around the windows indicating the distant to well-known cities around the world. I had to go to the rest room while we were at the top, and I wish I had held it! I did not realize how much the tower was swaying until I got in the tiny bathroom and sat down. You cannot possible realize how huge and how tall it is until you go - please do if at all possible! God bless!

Yes many times. The last time I went the Eiffel Tower was 55francs to go to the top. Well worth the view

The Eiffel tower is nice to visit once for the view and the experience but make sure it is a clear day.

Yes I`ve been there, it`s a beautiful place to visit! The Eiffel tower is amazing, its huge , you can get to the top on an elevator. you have the most incredible view from the top.If you have the chance to visit Paris don`t miss the chance!

Yes, been there a few times. Tower is tall, takes about an hour or two to go up, walk around and then come down.

My recommendation -> get on a train and head to the french coast. Paris is just so full of ... well, Parisians.

I have, there is always a long line and you must go by elevator, sort of sideways ( real funny). The first level you can stop at has lots of telescopes you put coins in, you can see all of Paris. If you go right to the top, you can see the clock as well. Careful with pick pocketers while in line, don't buy souveniers from people on the street.

I went to Paris 2 years ago before going to Iraq. It is beautiful. I took a trip with a tour group. I did not get to go up the Eifel tower, but I did get pictures by it. I went to the Louvre and went on a boatride down the Sine . It was one of the best trips I have ever been on and recommend it to you. I ate escargo and drank champagne. The boatride was the best thought. There was so many different architectural designs and they were beautiful. On each bridge that you go under there is something different with it's design. I hope you get to go and enjoy all the beauty. Make sure to bring plenty money, as the price of things is alot higher than that in the states. Oh....make sure to go to the Palace of Versailles.

Source(s): First hand experience.
  • paris

Yes, many times. The Eiffel tower is......tall. Go on Travel-Paris- Must see places and you can choose by yourself. Bon voyage !