How to raise an eyebrow? (tell me the steps or smth)?

Dont just say it can be done. Tell me HOW??

Favorite Answer

First of all, not everyone can raise just one eyebrow. So if you cant do it, you just dont have the right muscle components--but that is one less wrinkle you will need to worry about when you get older!

The easiest way I can think of explaining how to do it is:

1. Start by scowling (like you are angry with both eyebrows lowered and in the middle)

2. Then concentrate on releasing muscles that are just controlling one side (you will feel these muscles in your forehead)

3. Now you can try to raise your eyebrow by moving the muscles above that eyebrow (in the forehead) to draw your eyebrow upward. Widening the eye under the eyebrow you are trying to move may help while you are learning

--Try all of this while looking in a mirror so you can see what you are doing

--You may want to warm up first by scowling and then raising both eyebrows

--Please don't just squint one eye to make one eyebrow lower, this will just look ridiculous

GOOD LUCK!

Eyebrow Raise

• lonn

How To Raise One Eyebrow

Ive always been able to do this, especially when I'm giving a disgusted look to someone who just said something stupid. I didn't realize not everyone can do it until people started pointing it out. Really, its a natural response, I'd imagine the best way to learn it is stand in front of a mirror and see if you cvan identify what muscles to use. I would actually make myself look crazy and pretend to be speaking with some annoying person. Actions louder than words!

First start by raising both eyebrows repeatedly (at least 20 times). You should be able to feel the muscles in your forehead become slightly sore because you don't use these muscles often. then repeat the exercises, but use your fingertips to hold down one eyebrow. Eventually one eyebrow will raise and the other will stay down.

This also works with learning how to wink. (hold down one eyelid)

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/9LCXA

Raising one's eyebrow is a lot more easier in preliminary period but is nothing to do,only first stand in front of mirror and start trying.

<http://face-and-emotion.com/dataface/facs/manual/A...

you'll find step-by-step instructions for performing the single-eyebrow raise under section B.now GO and SHOW THOSE EYEBROW WHO's the BOSS!

• teri

make a confused yet intrigued/interested face. if that doesnt work then maybe you cant. some people can and some people can't. i can move my ears but others cant. If you know that you have this ability then try to pay attention to when you do it and connect what emotions or what you think while doing it and try to recreate it. if you can do that, that you can slowly narrow down the muscles that create this facial expression. also, i can only raise one of my eyebrows so you might want to switch and try your other if its not working

• SPLATT

There is no training for raising an eyebrow. You just do it. It's like moving your finger or blinking an eye.

BTW: I can raise either eyebrow and I can wiggle my ears. I must be related to Mr. Spock from Star Trek.

• Mr Toucan5 years agoReport

What's with the down votes? You can either raise an eyebrow or you can't. It's just plain stupid to try to force it.

Make this face:

(O_O)

Then squint your eyes:

(o_o)

Now try to do both:

(O_o)

Congratulations, You have now raised your eyebrows.

• Mr Toucan6 years agoReport

Haha, nice explanation.