Is it true that when your phone line is being tapped it echoes??

My phone echoes alot lately and many people have told me that the echo means that the phone line is being tapped...is that true??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no, the phone taps today are so good, no one will know it, unless you buy a line detector...and that don't even work...so good...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

As someone who works in the telecom testing industry, I can say that camshy and crystal from above are correct. In situations where your voice is transmitter digitally (eg cell phones, VoIP etc), an intruder could make a perfect replica of your voice without being detected. If your voice is echoing (this happens most often on cellphones and voice chats using the internet) it is usually because of either a poor quality connection, or because the speaker on the other end is so loud that the microphone there picks up it playing back your voice and retransmits it to you. This can usually be corrected by various kinds of software solutions. Unfortunately, nothing can be done about poor connectivity except for maybe retrying your call after a while.

• 3 years ago

NO! echo is called "slippage" in th telco international. Slippage will be a synchronization problem. Echoes happen at the same time as the hyperlink isn't sync'd correrctly. this happens plenty on VoIP hyperlinks and cell phones.

• Lv 5
    1 decade ago

i heard that too. if your on a cell phone that it is legal for cops to tap into them. when you hear the echo.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no not anymore, new digital technology is soundless and there is no double clicking either. Every form of communication is monitored nowadays anyway, sorted for buzz words by computer and then checked by a techie if need be.

• 1 decade ago

No, hun that just a myth

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.