Can any talk show host ever compared to the late great Johnny Carson, (from the great state of NE, I might add

i think i fooled the ? mark again, yahoo!

Favorite Answer

Johnny Carson set the standard by which all talk show hosts are judged. What Carson did so well was bring the best out of his guests and then played off of that even getting himself into hot water at times.

I will never forget when he was interviewing Arnold Plamer's wife. He asked her if she did anything before a golf tournament to give Arnie good luck. She replied, "Well, I kiss his balls." Carson shot back, "Does that make his putter stand out!" Arnie filed a lawsuit which was later rejected by the courts.

Carson is the king of talk show hosts.

You did indeed... how do you do that?

No, I don't think anyone will compare to him. Can't sum up why but will say that now there are so many late night shows that there's not as much loyalty as when he started out so it might be hard to have that status when there are so many choices now.

people tend to hold Carson on a pedestal as he was a pioneer of late talk shows ... but I think Letterman can hold his own against Carson .....

Conan O'Brien is funny as hell ... GO CONAN!!!!!

possibly she knew some thing approximately that "super guy" that something of the international did not? Why carry out a little men communicate approximately feminists and contact them disrespectful for having an opinion? Who says anybody has to "worship" Johnny Carson...or Joan Rivers for that remember. they're only comedians, human beings, not deities.

No-no one can.

I can't imagine anyone who could compare.