What would you think????

Me and my boyfriend have a 10month old and a month ago we where looking to buy this house, we put offerin and it was accepted, then one nite he said he didn't want us to get a mortgage out cos we both still too young well he reckons i am. he is 25 i am 20! i love him more than anything and i wanted us to get a hse. he then says we should rent first so everytime i mention about moving out and renting he changes subject and goes made its like he doesnt want to committ r sumfing. we both live at home. any advice r wat is wrong with him?

• Mica
    Favorite Answer

He is having second thoughts about the relationshiop. Too bad he didn't do that before he decided to make a baby. Don't buy a house if he's not ready to fully commit. It will be a nightmare dividing your assets afterward

Or maybe he's a realist who want to wait to see if you still want it later. I think starting with renting a place is good. Most new young relationships don't last and then it will be REALLY stupid to have a mortgage on a house. At least buying a house here is expensive and serious.

Also, because you mentioned you both live at home and haven't lived together before. So I can see that it would be best for you two to rent a place together, like a test-period first. Buying a house means more at stake.

I would recommend renting first. If you are worried about his "lack of commitment" then lay down some rules saying that he is not more free now than if you were married. Let him know this is the same commitment, with or without a house, married or not married.

Maybe hes worried about the fact that owning a house is a HUGE financial responsibility - as are children! It might be that hes worried you will fall behind in the payments and get into serious trouble.

Alternatively you are both quite young and maybe it makes sense not to enter into such a firm commitment with joint ownership of a house - I often think it makes more sense to live with a person before buying - it might make a bit of sense to agree to rent for say a period of 6 months - and after that you buy your own house - explain to him that rent money is only dead money when you could be putting it toward your own property.

Talk to him - Im sure hes thinking about this logically and has nothing to do with you personally. xx

• It looks like the guy is just scared of this step. I would honestly say push the issue to see what he truely feels but push it gently yet forward. Sorta like a common ground type of thing. I would get the house if you both have a chance to. It will save so much more money in the end. Good Luck.

Buying a house is definitely more beneficial to both of you than renting. I would ask him directly what the problem is. A house is a very big commitment..physically, emotionally and financially. It could be that he is scared of the commitment to the house and not you. I hope it all works out for you both.

i think he is one of those guys who dint like commitment or maybe he is just not mature enough, for instance you are 20 and already want to get a house of your own , while he is thinking of a rented house. or maybe he is trying to pass a message to you, in that he doesn't want to live together with you or in his case, the relationship is not long term, and so wont want to be committed in something that wont last.why dont you try approaching him and tell him to be sincere with you.

Source(s): my mind

You have gotten yourself in a very difficult situation, since clearly he isn't ready for a commitment. You are up to decide if you are going to give him space or put some pressure in order to make him decide.

i think u need to sit down and ask him what he really wants then work out if it is the same as you if not sorry but u shouldnt stay together thats my opinion anyway

he is a nightmare? Don't buy any asset He may spoil your assets.

Be aware.

seems like he's not too syre about what he wants... i suggest you clarify issues with him... best of luck girl