my internet LAN connection WAS PERFECTLY ALRIGHT UNTIL I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD NORTON INTERNET SECURITY SYSTEM?

after that download i am unable to open my internet explorer though the lan connection is perfectly alright and even after i used my friends connection i am unable to get internet.i have tried system restore to earlier date also but still cannot open.please help

Favorite Answer

this is probably due to the norton firewall.... try disabling the firewall... then connecting through your LAN

UNINSTALL NORTON! Years ago Norton was great but I don't know what happened to it - Everytime I see it installed on a system it causes some type of problem that is only rectified by eradicating it. Last issue was with my cousin's laptop - he installed it after I told him not to. Then he could no longer connect to the internet. Uninstalled Norton - then ran network setup wizard and he was back on internet.

So you might want to try that.

It just Sucks!

Dont trust any product from Symantec, Norton. I aready installed and removed them after several problem they got me into. The first thing youll notice that they will make your system slower than it used to be. It will ruined your Windows Registry that will lead to system crash and other problem related.

Avoid this at any cost,

1. Norton Internet Security 2006

2. Norton Antivirus 2006

3. Norton System Works 2006

I tried them all and it really sucks.

The solution maybe you need to uninstall it and try avast it work perfectly and efective,

Get it here,

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Did i mention it free!

• Lloyd

That'll teach you not to use Norton products!!!

get avg from grisoft its free and works great