Why is loneliness so feared in life?

I know that is my biggest fear.

Favorite Answer

I think people want to at least have someone to care for them....because they have to feel need and purpose in the world. If you know you can die tomorrow and noone will care....what would keep you alive? People need eachother. It's a wonder they are all so crappy to one another....

Its just a state of mind. Having been married for 15 years I found myself single. Through choice I have decided to remain single & often unattached. Its my choice. The thing is everyone THINKS they want something else. If you are on your own you long to be with a partner & if you are in a relationship you need your own space. The trick is to be happy with what you have. Surround yourself with good friends & accept life as it comes. No situation is perfect. there are times when I am lonely but the majority of the time life is good. If it ever gets to the point when lonliness becomes an issue then I will do something about it

because you need people to pass your time.if you are self absorbed ,may be you feel less fear of being lonely.But it does strike all kinds of people that the fear of loneliness is deadly .We need some real good people who can bring a meaning to our lives .We can feel lonely even when we have too many people around .We feel in vain in such circumstances.Being with wrong people,feeling lonely,the fear that no body would be with you in your old age ,all these things bring the fear.Intensity of fear would lessen if we keep ourselves motivated and busy.

We all feel it and it is natural..

Just like most things that are feared. It's brought on by society and the media. They make you think that if you're not in a relationship you're a loser. If you're not married by a certain age, you a loser. Most people cannot, and will never think for themselves.

I think the fear of being alone does not come from the lack of or loss of another person. I think it comes from not feeling needed or useful.

Because life is difficult and everybody needs guidance at one point or another.

Humans need companionship like we need water. If you knew you had to go through life thirsty all the time would you not be afraid?

Our fears all translate into a fear of death.

needs to sick advise.It is universally accepted fact that man is social animal.Man like to live with others but if he FEARS loneliness , he is sick mentally. and needs advise.

• aqua

I read loneiness is the price to pay of being totally free,some truth in that,loneiness and wanting company is very close.

As far as I know it is because we are originally a pack animal. An like any pack animal we love company.