Can you have a happy relationship if your partner doesn't trust you?

My sis-in-law has a boyfriend that wants to control her. he always wants to know where she is and with whom! She's let him do that for a couple of years now, but I think she's getting tired of it. She wants to move back into her own house instead of living with him. As far as I know he's never beat her, but he gets all pissy & pouty when he doesn't get his way. My question is: if he doesn't trust her, can she stay with him and be truly happy? I wouldn't stay with my hubby if he was a jerk like that but that's just me. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

happiness is not possible without trust in any relationship. she should leave before it gets worse

• Toto

Some people are just blind.

Control you can have on TV remote control

How to change joules man is very hard.

Where is the trust for them is unknown.

i think she have to decide if she wanna be with him or not but i don't think she can be happy.if she can't trust him than why she waste her time with a guy hwo controle her like this.i guess if i trust some one i will never do such a thing,especialy if i love him

its a boyfriend -----this is how it works. she has checked out this guy and now realizes its not the situation she wants to be with. remember this for the next relationship. you have to remember life is short--might die tomorrow, do want to die remembering some bad relationship? there are millions of men just in your area----shes a woman y'all have all the pull. you have the true pick of who you want to be with. lol.pick the right choices ---we are out there.

NO. I'm glad she's seeing that this is not a normal relationship. Hope she finds someone that is more secure in himself.

she need to get out of their otherwise she'll eventually in up wit no life of her own!how can she be happy when she can't do anythin without him knowing!

I think you have answered your own question. she needs to put her foot down and tell him that she needs alife herself without him nagging all the time or he will lose her

No u can never b happy.

no ... what kind of relationship is that without trust

how can you be happy if you are questioned on every thing you do tell her to piss him off.