How do you write vector expressions for the positions and velocity of project as f(t) up or down an incline??

For up the inclined plane:

You are given intial speed vi, the angle of the projectile with respect to the incline B, and the angle of the project with respect to the horizontal A.

For up the inclined plane:

You are given intial speed vi, the angle of the INCLINE with respect to the horizontal C, and the angle of the project with respect to the incline D.

I need to write vector expressions for both of them...I spent many hours on this! I'm still stuck =(

Help on both questions is extremely appreciated

Favorite Answer

I think yo uare over thinking this question. A vector just needs to be expressed as a magnitude and direction. Ther are many formats, I am not sure which one your teacher wants, but specifying the angle and magnitude should be ok. Written in variable form you could say, Speed A at 25 degrees with respect to the positive X direction. would be a vector of magnitude V and direction of 30 degrees with respect to the horizontal.

Another way which is a bit more rigorous would be to take the sine and cosine and express them as multiples of the unit vectors i and j. i is the unit vector along the x axis and y is the unit vector along the y axis. Uing my example, the vector form would be (cosine(25)*5)i+sin(25)*5 = 4.53i+2.11j

The angle you use depends on what you define as your X and Y axis. If you are using the horizontal and vertical as X and Y you need to add the angle aof the plane to the angle of the velocity with respect to the plane.

This should be enough info to help.

Your Expression quantity is 8 pushed and staggering, you have the skill to attain good stuff. you're the two stable with funds and stable at getting issues achieved immediately. you're an astonishing chief and an stunning choose of character. packed with skill and self assurance, you undertake initiatives that look impossible. reliable and desperate, you may comprehend the bigger image. despite while you're actually unable of skill real now, it is going to fall to you. at cases, you would be very materialistic - and keen approximately status and skill. mutually because it quite is not a bad component, you generally take it to the intense. with a view to be quite happy, you may desire to stability the cloth and non secular on your existence.